Friday, April 9, 2021

Fun Day in the East Estates

Thursday April 8, 2021
Cullman Alabama 
Needed a little bit of heat this am, High today 83

This morning I was up at 6:00 our time. I worked on the blog from yesterday. Then I made a pot of steel cut oatmeal and put the other pot on to start some yogurt. When Jim got up I made him breakfast and he took a shower and went up to start helping Len with his projects. Len can't raise his arms very high
anymore.
First they changed light bulbs out.  While they did that I took a shower and got ready went up to the house. We all went into Len's truck, went to Lowe's to get them 15 bags brown mulch. My boss was texting me more details about me starting work again. I'm so excited about being fulltime again.
We took the long way home, they showed us this big field where there is a huge music festival in August, very big name singers come to.
When we got back to the house Jim put the bags of mulch around where Phyllis wanted it in the flower beds around the house. The pollen is high again here.
Then they put new trim around front door, and around new microwave.
It was after 2 our time so we were all getting pretty hungry by now. We all got in the car and we went to Jim and Nick's a GREAT BBQ place they have here. We really like it. 
Len and Phyllis did same as us, we shared huge amount of ribs and catfish with 2 sides each. Jim and I brought home more food then we ate there I think. We will really enjoy it then we get to our new spot Friday night. 
Was wonderful, we got back to the house Jim and Len did a few more things in the basement. We talked with Phyllis's daughter Terri for a while. She lives in Pa. Phyllis and I went to feed the ducks and fish. I love to watch the fish. 
Jim was also going to wash Len's truck too. She wouldn't let us. She just wanted us to just visit, she said Jim did enough work. 
Later she served us apple dumplings with ice cream I had more cheesecake from last night. We talked till about 8 or so. 
Walked home, watched a little TV before bed.
We REALLY hate to leave tomorrow, so sad leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment