Thursday, April 8, 2021

Travel day to Cullman Alabama

Wednesday April 7, 2021

Today started out cool but going to be in the 80's later.
We got up this morning around 7, I was up first. Made chicken wraps for lunch later, made coffee and started to put stuff away.  He got up and As Jim tries to hurry me  along. I saw the one neighbor behind us left about 1/2 hour earlier than us.
Was a really nice place only 24. A night, With  our Passport American, the spot just was not level. Our neighbors said there's was, good thing there leveling Jack's didn't work.
So we pulled out about 8:38, our time I think. The time changed and it always messed us up.

Probably about an hour into our drive our one neighbor passed us. So funny. Later the other one passed us. They drove faster than we do. 
We drove over 2 hours before our first potty break. 
Just pulled into a fuel station along road, not ideal place but it worked.
Then we went into rest area almost 2 hours later for lunch break. There they were again,  we waved as we pulled out. Wish I would have had time to say HI.

Today was a little longer drive than I would like, but couldn't WAIT to see Len and Phyllis. 
Probably about 10 minutes before we got here, I received a text from work wanted to know if I would do FULL TIME an unexpected opening just became available. I  said YES. SOooo great I will have my own kitchen again. Will  make leaving at the end of the year so much harder. So excited for that, I love cooking for these people.

So we arrived Jim pulls in across the road. And I had the BEST 2 hugs in A long time. I DO so love these wonderful people.

We chatted a bit, they mentioned a few things that they wanted Jim to do for them. Of course he would.  First it is a little tricky backing in like a big backwards C. HE did Great. They went back on the front porch to sit while we set up. They invited us to dinner at the house. 
We set up, have full hookups here. Was warm inside but just propped open the door. We sat on the porch talking and catching up with them. They are on Boondockers WELCOME now, so have 2 RV'S here alot, passing through. We went and fed the fish. Loved seeing there beloved Beagle dog Biscuit. 

Len started the grill at 6 or 7 somewhere. I took up some deviled eggs and chicken and yellow rice with mixed vegetables. She had the whole spread. Burgers and brats,  lettuce and tomatoes, macaroni and cheese salsa and queso, Veggie tray. Two kinds of chips. We had a wonderful meal together in their dining room. Later she served a delicious cheesecake. Then Jim took a chair out of the bedroom and put it into the basement. Then we sat in the living room and chatted until almost 9. Made plans for fun tomorrow.
We walked back to FW was so tired. Watched a little TV before shower and went to bed early what ever time it was. 

1 comment:

  1. Always look forward to your visits here in Alabama and the times we get together when we are in PA.

    ReplyDelete