Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Awesome Shopping Day with Christine

Awesome Shopping Day with Christine 
Monday July 10, 2023

This morning we got up quite late. I'm sleeping well in the Class C. The blinds made a difference last night. 
We had our coffee but it was so late we didn't even eat breakfast. Jim took a shower. We went over to the house with Christine after she got back from an appointment with her son. She invited us to go for lunch, or brunch since we hadn't eaten yet. We went to this cute little restaurant called Lisa's Cafe, and Deli.
 It was the cutest little place. Took a lot of pictures in there this is the restaurant menu. 
The sign above me says " it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. " They had t-shirts that said MIKF. But it stood for man I love food. That's the shirts the waitresses wore. On the counter was this beautiful jar of cookies, a lovely pot of four leaf clovers, 
It was hard to decide what to order for the first meal of the day.
 the three of us.
 Cute little outside tables as we were going in. Was really busy too. 
We had a great meal.  Never had tuna salad for breakfast before, felt like that's what I did. 
Jim had a Rubin with chips and broccoli salad. Christine had a salad with a whole bunch of fruit in it, almonds and feta cheese. Picture above. Jim and I shared key lime pie, so good.
 Before we left I walked back to the bathroom. It was so cute back there all decorated, you can see right into the kitchen, and as busy as it was, it was very clean in there and organized.

 After we ate we took a drive around the area. Ended up driving past this Point Barn Antique store. 
She was telling us how she's driven by so many times, and always wanted to go in. And I'll tell you I'm glad today was the day, I'm so happy we did. It was fantastic.
 There was a man in a trailer loading up ( above) and he said you were never here before, I told him we weren't and he was explaining where everything was. Not sure what some of this stuff was, but when reinvented, it turned into beautiful new objects. The flowers in whatever this was, was beautiful.
 Inside was a cello wine holder. They had incredible furniture. 
No prices on anything. There was a welcome sign made of horseshoes. There was antiques with baked goods and a Greenhouse.
 Then they had cheese, honey and eggs. Apparently they did wine tasting. Very unique things. Then there was Annie's quilts and crafts, 
large selection of baskets,
 I love this fountain. 
They have Adirondack chairs that folded for $199. each. 

The man when we first arrived was telling me about this big pot. He said it was from the Woolrich company. They would put wool fabric in it with really hot water and dye, that's how they dyed the Fabrics. Somebody could come up with the creative unique new life for it.
As usual Jim was in a rush, and we have leftover food in the car. I'm making a tuna melt tomorrow with my L/O.
 So we headed out. We stopped at a store so I could run in for yogurt milk. 

We got back to Christine's house. Jim went inside to the bathroom while I started putting things away. He came out and unplugged we said our goodbyes and headed out, by now it was just after 3:30. 
So far was a beautiful day then as soon as we pulled out we had a couple quick showers that we drove in and out of. I texted Christine she couldn't believe it was raining again. Can't believe I never saw a rainbow. 
We drove until we got into Dushore and got gas. I started putting things together, once we pulled up to the cabin house I put things at the door and Jim carried them in our rig. Lot of stuff to put away. 
We ate leftovers for lunch and dinner later. Just hung out and kind of relaxed the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment