Monday, July 10, 2023

Trying to Say Goodbye and headed to the Falls

Trying to Say Goodbye, and heading to the Falls.
Saturday July 8, 2023

This morning when we woke up after coffee we headed into the house. Sue offered to make us breakfast in the morning.
 Tony made pork filled omelettes and bagels, she had plenty of fruit for my oatmeal. 
Then we took showers. Beautiful bathroom we had to use. 
We chatted for a while. She showed me her Mary Kay stash and I helped her with her eyebrow shaping. 
She kept asking me what I needed, she gave me strawberries and blueberries. She gave me rolls, pulled pork and green beans.
Tony and Jim went outside and he put the electric cord away. Tony helped him with the ladder and tape to put a patch on a spot at the cab over bed that popped open at some point.
 We wanted to leave at 10:00 a.m., I told Jim should figure that wouldn't happen, so hard to leave when your with friends. It was almost 11:30, when we finally pulled out. 

They gave us a hint that they might head our way and go to the falls with us. We were taking bets if we thought they would or not, it seemed like a super long way to go. 
We passed so many cute places after we left, I would have loved to pull over. Everyone was selling cherries. I really wanted some.. in the class C, it would have been so easy to just pull over, but we left so late, Jim said we had to be there before 3:00 before they closed.

We had a lovely drive to get to our boondocking spot. We stopped at a place Tony told Jim about that the gas was cheaper. I keep reminding Jim make sure it's gas, LOL. Lot cheaper than the diesel prices here. 
Shortly after we left Sue texted us and said they were on their way. We were really surprised. 
She told us we forgot the grilled sausage that was left over, she wanted to give it to us. I didn't know, I said bring it along, so she did.
I said guess what I'm doing now. By this time I was hungry and Jim had such a big breakfast, so he was good. So I sat at the dinette with peanut butter and jelly and a slice of bread and made a sandwich. The simple things are just so fun for me. 
Sue also told us they were looking up class C's for sale. Since they sold their motorhome they do miss it. Hoping they go back to Florida this year.
We gave her our address for our Harvest Host boondocking spot. We told her when we arrived we will let them no. 
What a great little place there's already a fifth wheel here. But their truck wasn't there yet, we went inside there were bathrooms inside which we used once or twice. 
The guy in there said there was no charge. They did have a snack basket for the pickleball players, so we bought a couple mini bags of chips and some old Donuts for $3. It was a super quiet and out of the way place.
 Then I made us each a quesadilla. 
Jim had to prime the water pump.. we finished getting situated and Sue and Tony arrived a little after 3:30 or 4:00 p.m. Sue brought us some cherries they stopped for on the way, how sweet, they also stopped for ice cream on the way. 
We all piled in their car and headed for the falls. We were so excited to see them again, can't believe they made the trip here. 
Took a while to find a place to park, it was quite busy, could have been way worse really. We had a lovely walk to see the falls. There was a threat of rain but it never did, nice it wasn't too hot. But we all got great exercise today. Phone pictures just don't do it justice.
It wasn't the most beautiful day either. The mist and haze didn't help for taking good pictures too.
They had boats, on both sides. Didn't want to get wet.
Was amazing 
Jim had to jump in and photo bomb 
My Switch It Up T-Shirt, I had to wear it.
Once we walked back out, he was in a hurry because he only had paid so much time for parking. Tony suggested we go to this place for a bite to eat. They were pretty hungry as they hadn't eaten since breakfast. We typically don't do that. Lol
The little restaurant on the water was called Haystacks. Jim and I shared a small sub. They each got burgers and onion rings and Fries we shared. Then we got an ice cream cone right next door. Which was over $11 for two little cones. 
When we finished we headed out, she wanted to stop for charcoal toothbrush to help whiten your teeth, she was telling me about. So we ran into a Dollar General and each bought one. 
 We drove through this cutest little town called Lewiston the most adorable little shops live music playing. It looks so fun.
Then we stopped at a TOPS store so I could get my lactose free Skim milk. Also found 2,  2 liter bottles of Fresca on sale. Wish I could have walked around in there. 
 We got back to the Class C motorhome pretty quickly. By this time it was after 9:00 p.m. wow what a day.

 We told Sue and Tony I guess they're not sick of us, she said they would stop following us now. What a fantastic travel day.

No comments:

Post a Comment