Friday, August 18, 2023

Boondocking at a Church

Boondocking at a Church 

Thursday August 17, 2023

We stayed up so late last night but we're up this morning about 7:30 or so. Did our normal routine and Jim started getting ready outside, while I started packing inside.
Always seems like there is a tight turn
 I followed him out of the woods again. Probably a half a mile out. Got rid of our garbage and left the KOA about 11:08. 
Very short travel day, we only went 51 miles. We are in Brattleboro Vermont at a Harvest host in a church parking lot tonight. We tried to figure out where to park. 
Went in to potty and had lunch first. By now it was after 1:00 in the afternoon. 
We had left a message, so we tried a different number. We talked to the pastor of the church,  he welcomed us and was very nice. He said anywhere we park is fine. So we settled in. 
Jim got the generator going after he got us level. And the generator was giving him fits. He took a shower.. 

Then it was smoking and acting weird. It kept saying low voltage, but then would keep going. He got it up to 80% battery. Then shut it off and started doing some checking with the manual.
He did quite a few different things, this was probably the biggest problem.
 This wire filter was so clogged. After he cleaned it out and got her going again it was fine. Since a little stress was relieved. 
I decided to walk up to the Aldi's up the road about .3  miles away. Jim had told me about it yesterday. Keeping in mind I had to carry everything I purchased back.

On my walk there, tried to figure out what this was here, right up from us.
Saw the sign on the way back, 
New England Center for Circus Arts
This picture Jim found on there website. Wow you just never know what you will see. 
 I decided to get a pack of zucchini, more strawberries, another dozen eggs, beautiful 3 different colored peppers, a half of a loaf of nice bread for french toast and cottage cheese. Wanting to make a pudding with cottage cheese and pineapple but I can't find a recipe. 

Then I heated up Burgers Jim made last night for dinner and veggies. Decided to use the bread I just bought, instead of digging in the freezer for some. While I prepped the food Steve called and Jim chatted with him for a short time. He's tired of working and ready to go back to Florida. 
Then we ate dinner watch TV and I took a shower before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment