Friday, November 24, 2023

Another thing broken

Another thing broken 

Saturday November 18, 2023

We had a relaxing morning breakfast and our coffee. Jim was casually cleaning his glasses, and they snapped in two pieces. Right on the bridge at your nose. He couldn't believe it.

He immediately went upstairs to look for his spare pair. Which he never had to do, but thought he kept them in the cabinet above the dresser. To our shock they weren't there. We would have bet a million dollars that's where they were.
He literally spent the whole day looking for them everywhere. We both looked, never found them, he was bummed, even would say depressed, the whole rest of the day. 
He had them taped for a while. They kept coming apart. Before he went to bed he set them up with JB Weld.
Not fun, I ended up going to the sunset by myself tonight. 
Can't imagine where the glasses are.
Sunday November 19, 2023

This morningI went to see the sunrise.
I am soon running out of days to view it. 
Then I started the coffee. Later we had a not so fun breakfast. He continued looking for his old pair of glasses. He actually has a few, one is prescription safety glasses from his former career in HVAC.
 After breakfast I decided to go for a walk. Clear my head.. I told him the only place I can think we didn't look was behind the TV storage area.
 So I left it was a beautiful day but kind of breezy and sunny. To avoid sunburn I decided to go in the building and do a 3 mile walk fit on my phone. 
After a mile in I had to relocate to the back of the room, some guy came in wanting the TV.
 After I was finished, I realized Jim had texted me. Crossed my fingers I hoped that he would have good news.. 
He went for a golf cart ride to find me.

 He texted me he found them. OMG where, w h e r e. I got back home and he said they were behind the TV. For the life of us we cannot imagine why they were back there. I guess we figured he didn't need them. Never had an issue in all these many years. 

NOW the fun continued again and he was instantly in a good mood since. 

He went and sat outside for a while while I did some no BS on Zoom for a few hours.
I looked out the window at one point I thought I saw Sean and Angela, switch crew coming in. 
They backed in on the other side of Mike and Debbie. Now, there sandwiched between switch crew.
Later we decided to go for a golf cart ride together.
 We were driving around, and to our surprise One Strange Adventure, Harold, Cindy and Nick Strange also are here. 
They traveled in together the last 20 miles with Angela and Sean and their kids. We had got a hug and a picture and got to briefly talk with them for a few minutes. As they were still setting up.. 
Then we continue to ride. Later we happily went up to the sunset together.

No comments:

Post a Comment