Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving 

Thursday November 23, 2023
Today we had a very quiet Thanksgiving, Just The Two Of Us.
 I was hoping to talk to our boys today, but never did. My daughter-in-law and oldest granddaughter Sarah, were in England. Thomas was Home Alone. My mother-in-law felt, bad but he really doesn't mind. He's so easy going. 
I made a cream cheese pumpkin pie for later. 
Waited too long to find a small turkey, or even a breast. So yesterday just ended up buying a chicken. Jim put it in the Ninja and smoked it. I made my mother-in-law's recipe for stuffing. Which was great. I had cranberries and green beans, cream corn, gravy and some left over sweet potato chunks from Publix. 
We had everything ready around 2:00. I froze some stuff for Christmas so we can have later. I really wanted to cook, just for leftovers, was always my favorite.
Later Jim Chopped firewood and we had an evening fire. 

1 comment:

  1. Nice dinner. As you always do. We had Thanksgiving in the Dallas area that DIL prepared. Len misses having the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete