Thursday, December 14, 2023

Great Day to " Meat "

Great Day to " Meat "

Friday December 8, 2023

This morning after breakfast we got ready to go to J & K meat and produce in Arcadia. It is my favorite, I wanted to spend $150. to fill up our freezer out front.
They had beautiful flowers on the way in. Not sure what they are. Anyone know.
I forgot to get a picture of our shopping cart before we checked out.
After I repackaged everything I had...
7 packs of 2 each huge pork chops
5 "    of 2 huge chix thighs and 1 drumstick 
8 New York strip steaks 
3 huge T- Bone steaks enough for Jim's dinner & steak and eggs for bft in am
6 cube steaks
4, 1 lb each catfish nuggets 
Pack shrimp
10 ground sirloin burgers 

On the way we passed this produce stand, so we stopped to get strawberries. J & K had none.
 Then as we were almost back to Peace River Campground. I remembered Ayran McIntosh had said she had a food saver. So I hesitated to even ask to borrow it. I Said to Jim,  do we know her well enough to ask. I felt weird. I do believe that you have to ask for what you want in life. Or you may never get it, people can't read minds. 

I texted her. I told her it was perfectly fine if she didn't want to. But again Switch Crew are awesome and she was so willing to lend it to me for a few days. I kept thinking I hope she has enough bags. She said she just went to Costco and bought a $40. variety pack of them.
 On the way back we stopped to pick it up. She gave me a lesson on how the food saver works. 
She is so generous, I can't thank her enough. I definitely would like to buy one. 
As soon as we got everything inside. We were both really hungry and quickly grabbed a bite to eat for a really late lunch by now.
In my excitement to use it and the new learning curve, I totally forgot to take any pictures. This is the only one I had. It was the first thing I did, the seven packs of pork chops.
 It'll save a lot of room in the freezer and they will last so much longer. 
Then here's the picture of it in her crate when I took it back to her a couple days later. 
It took me 3 hours to process it all, and get it out in the freezer. I don't think I could get a hamburger bun in there yet, it is full.
This was pretty much a day long project. After I finished and we got it all in the freezer, by now it was dinner time. We ate and crashed the rest of the night.

Saturday December 9, 2023

This morning we had our coffee and breakfast. I did a no BS Zoom call at 10:00 a.m. Jim played the drums for a while and later put them away in the upstairs closet that I just cleaned.
Looking at the view of the river.
 Later we went for a golf cart ride. Looks like they're letting more rigs go down closer to the river.
Jim grilled sausage on the Ninja for dinner tonight and tomorrow. He dumped the coals out and got a little fire going. 
Some guy stopped on a scooter. And looked at Jim and said you must be the drummer. He was looking for the drummer, and was hoping he would come up tomorrow at 10:00 a.m. to play. They were going to be auditioning a new chick singer. He said, unfortunately he just put them away. But the set that's up there is the reason why he bought his. They should have asked the guy if he could use it again. They chatted for a little bit. After the guy left.
That is when I took the food saver up to Ayran and Paul to return it. We had a nice visit. I took her some zucchini pie I made. She just pulled out 2 pumpkin pies she made to freeze for later.
I got home as the sky was getting dark and it was about to rain. We let the rain put the fire out, but it took a little while.  It did rain heavy,  but not for very long.

Sunday December 10, 2023

This morning we had coffee, we remembered waffle Sunday today, and got up and out the door about 10:00 a.m.. we had an hour to go for a walk. As I wanted to be back for my first Sunday Zoom call at 11:00 a.m. our neighbor behind us that's so chatty, but super nice walked with us up the road. We decided to pop in to where the audition was. 
I couldn't remember if it was this morning or tomorrow. It was this morning we walked in. And he hollered there's the drummer. Then we continued our walk got home at 11:00 and I watched the call. It was over at lunch time Jim and I ate together.
We had leftovers for dinner. Not much going on.

1 comment: