Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Travel Day to TTO

Travel Day to TTO 

Tuesday December 12, 2023

This morning we prepared to leave Peace River. Enjoyed our site here. Had a beautiful travel day.
I walked along side Jim as he made the many turns to get out of here. Left close to 10 am. We had an uneventful travel day, which is a good thing. On our drive we did see this cool guard rail fence. Had huge cows in it. Looks like it was recycled into the fence.
We arrived at 12:20. We were number 36 in line. It didn't seem that long, but it took an hour to find our site, till we got through the long line. 
We were on our way to a different site, and the ranger suggested F 44. He said it was one of the last ones with concrete, and we said sold. 
Really close to the building for quick access to the activities in the morning. It's a little sunny on the living side but it's a great spot. As usual Jim backed in quite easily. We got set up. 
View from the back. We had this site a few seasons ago. I cleaned up all the flower beds, even planted a few flowers. Also got bit by fire ants.
I grabbed some food and had a quick lunch. He got the golf cart out right away and later we took a ride, they had food trucks available.
Took a picture of some of the up coming activities.
 We got pork BBQ sandwiches and FF. It's going to be a great 3 weeks here.

Wednesday December 13, 2023

This morning I got up and had some leisurely coffee, and breakfast. First day here, and didn't go up to walk fit. Didn't feel up to it.
Then I listened to a  NoBS call. Then we left to go to urgent care, turned out I had a UTI.
 Then we went to Aldi's, got quite a huge hall. Then we stopped at Walmart and got my prescription filled and a few other things Aldi's doesn't carry.
Then we came back home, took a golf cart ride. Later we had planned a potluck with Nancy and Neil, Mike and Mandy also came over. 
Neil,  such good hubby too, washing dishes.
I made cornbread. She made chili for us all, with turkey burger, just because I don't eat beef. Sweet. Mandy made a great salad. Enjoyed each other's company ate and sat outside for a lovely evening. Nancy made Jim's favorite apple dumpings.. Then left about 8:30. Brought Mandy's stuff and chairs home, as they are right up the road from us. She walked, and Mike went to play cards.
Neil and Nancy leave tomorrow.

Thursday December 14, 2023

This morning I got myself up and moving and went to do 3 mile walk fit and then we line danced for 2 hours. 
Line dancing.
Later Jim and I took a golf cart ride after lunch, we had leftover pork fried rice. Then we went over to say hi to Mary Jo and Dan. 
We had a lovely visit with them talking about their girls. The older ones a lawyer in the Army in Italy and she's moving back to the States.
 She had invited us for a lasagna potluck with Kathy and Timmy later this weekend. Looking forward to visiting with everyone. 
After we arrived here when I was doing line dancing. Jim texted me and said the upstairs toilet broke again. 
A little plastic piece that snaps the pedal back.
 It went flying, you'd think they would make it with something besides plastic. So he ordered one he said.

Friday December 15, 2023

This morning I went up for a walk fit and line dancing. After we finished,  Barb and Kathy and I plan to go to the weight room and we were going to do a little routine together. Kathy wanted to show Barb what she does in there. When we finished I realized that they were talking about her gym, that was out of the park. I thought they were talking about the one here.
 So we said our goodbyes and I stayed home, but went over to look around myself. 
Later Jim and I had lunch when I got back then we left for Publix to get a few things.
 Talk to the baker who was making cookies for a church. We went to the UPS store next door to mail some Christmas presents back to our granddaughters in PA.
 Then we went back to the RV. We took a golf cart ride together before it got too late, cold and dark out for one. Saw the cool redheaded sand cranes.
We also noticed alot of cool HDT'S here. I love it when someone is out and we can talk to them. They have a cool matching paint job.
There was a vendor selling one of Jim's favorite things, Philly cheesesteaks. It was a little early for dinner. So after a ride I dropped him off at home to take a shower. I went back up to the building as they were having an outside vendors in selling crafts today from 3:00 to 7:00.  I popped in and looked
 around first thing I bought was these wonderful Italian cookies she bakes.
 Took a cheesesteak home for dinner for Jim.
After dinner they were having the last dance party and karaoke with Art. He was retiring and we all said goodbye to him. 
There's a great group of kids here that were singing karaoke songs. 
They also line dance a little with us very nice group of kids. The one boy calls us all ma'am.
We had a great time line dancing with everyone, it is so much fun for me.  Besides horseback riding probably is my favorite thing to do, well besides cooking.

Saturday December 16, 2023

This morning we get up and had our regular routine of leisurely coffee and breakfast. We watched the news and as they predicted we had rain all day long today. At times it was pretty heavy. I think it was a total of about 3 inches. So we had a rainy day project all ready to start, we were saving it. 
Jim and I worked for about 3 hours up in the bedroom working on our curtains. Here's the before and after. We both think they turned out pretty great.
This is what the window box looked like before I recovered them. 
I also tried to be fun a festive. Baked some cookies, put up our little tree, and I addressed some Christmas cards.
Never went outside once, it was just pouring, it's pretty rare for this time of year in Florida to rain this much.


No comments:

Post a Comment