Sunday, December 31, 2023

Making Homemade Pierogies

Making Homemade Pierogies

Thursday December 21, 2023

This morning I got myself up and out the door for walk fit at 9:00 a.m. followed by line dancing for 2 hours. It's so much fun for me, it should be illegal. 
Later when I got home we had our leftover Sonny's BBQ from yesterday.

 Then we went for a golf cart ride. 
We stopped and looked at the beautiful lake here on our ride. It is the best place to watch the Disney fireworks from here.
 Also saw more red-headed sand cranes.
I even took a picture of my beautiful flowers that are blooming right now. 
Later we Stopped and talked to Carla and Keith. Lynn drove by and said Jeanne was making homemade pierogies. I texted her and offered to help. We said goodbye to Carla and Jim dropped me off in the golf cart. He went home and I stayed for a while as we chatted while she worked. 
I wasn't much help, but she had a routine and her RV kitchen is not made for two people working. She had to do everything on the dining table. There was already flour everywhere. 
She was having a few hard days, and kind of sad, her sister had passed  three months ago and she's also having issues with her knee. Since the operation, she is probably going to have to have it redone. 

We chatted for a while and she kept saying she was finished making them. Gave me some mashed potatoes filling to take home and make my own. 

Jim came back over in the golf cart. I interrupted him playing the drums he wasn't too happy. But I didn't really have walking shoes on to walk home. Once I got home, I put flour in a bowl and started to make my own dough, and she texted me again. Again she said she was done. To come back and get the hunk of dough she had left. So I went back in the golf cart to go pick it up. Here's the picture of my 30 I made. Above.
 The picture of the ones she made are on the right. She made over 150. Then I came home and started dinner which included a few pierogies for Jim's dinner.
I also made quesadillas and had grilled vegetables. And we settled in for the night with our favorite TV shows.

Friday December 22, 2023

It's red shirt Friday so once breakfast was over and we dawned our red shirts. We went out for golf cart ride ended up seeing Val and Kev on our travels. Love seeing switch crew. 
We will see them again at the Tampa RV camp out.
Later in the day they had a Christmas party, with Santa and Live Entertainment. We got dressed up and attended. Great picture of Lordous  with Santa Claus.
Also us together, really enjoy talking with her.
The live music was a guy singing. He would act like he was introducing a singer like Frank Sinatra, etc. and then start singing.
This was my holiday picture I sent to everyone. Love it with the tree. They have at least 4 in here.
Santa
My line dancing crew all dancing with Santa.
All my line dancing friends.
Sandie took a picture of us dancing.
He was a really great Santa. As he had a real beard. He just blew it when he came over and told us what a great Santa gig he has. Telling us about corporate parties that will pay him $8,000, but he says he doesn't gouge people. I
A party he had the day before with only seven kids. Really messed with my Santa illusion.
Once we got home and settled in for the night Jim was sad that he missed a family reunion. Here's a picture of everyone. LOL
He thought it was funny, wish I would have had this picture for the Bigfoot hunt in Oklahoma.

Saturday December 23, 2023

This morning had our coffee I made us a beautiful breakfast, with blueberry pancakes, sausage, veggie omelettes.
Later we went for a walk. Saw a motorhome totally decked out for christmas.
 Saw our first Turtle of the season. 
Then I happened to see a guy with a real drum set under his awning. 
I told Jim look, drums we walked over and talked to Rusty. He said they get together and have a jam session out there with a few other people, and invited us back for later.
 The two of them talked drums for a while, before we continued our walk.
Then we returned to the RV and had lunch and then jumped in the golf cart later and went over to listen to the music.
 Somebody had a cool golf cart all decorated for Christmas, I think they were in the parade. We had a nice time and chatted with some people. 

Later we went home and had a light dinner before we went up for meat bingo. First they have a little pizza, before the game starts.
Jim won a T-bone steak. We had a lot of fun, we had two or three tables with people we were hanging with. We didn't get home till almost 10 pm, FUN.

Sunday December 24, 2023

Christmas Eve morning and I suggested to Jim get the grill out and make his small T-bone steak, from last night's meat Bingo for his Christmas Eve breakfast. It was the perfect size steak for breakfast. I made eggs to go with it.
 Later we took a golf cart ride and saw Brad and Colleen. They were our neighbors here last season over in I Loop. 
We had spent a few hours chatting with them, and we even had a drink with them. 
Later we went home and Jim got the Ninja Grill going and we smoked the turkey for tomorrow's Christmas potluck with the Prices. We spent a lot of time trying to get it to fit, it was a 10 lb turkey. Ended up having to spatchcock it,  which flattens it so it would fit in the Ninja and it also cooks faster. Should have had a picture of it,  but we were up to our elbows in Turkey juice. Glad we did it out on the picnic table. We had to try at least three different options so it would fit.
Then I made grilled veggies, a small cornbread casserole he made outside too. Had leftover stuffing and cream cheese pumpkin pie, I had frozen, sweet potatoes too. Later we had a lovely Christmas Eve dinner together just us.

No comments:

Post a Comment