Sunday, September 17, 2023

A Day American will Never Forget

A Day American will Never Forget 

September 11, 2023

Today we leave Maine and Moody Beach, Thousand Trails campground. 
On our way to Gateway to Cape Cod
Thousand Trails, in Massachusetts.
Had a good 2 1/2 hour travel day.

Goodbye Maine, for now. What a great trip we've had.
We arrived and checked in. 
Walked to check out a few sites that were available for us. Picked A 24. Alot of trees again. This place is a big giant sand box. In desperate need of some stones.
He had to make a big turn to head to our site.
Went for a walk around the campground and settled in for the evening. 
I got alot of things out of the freezer out front. Want to do some travel food prep soon.

Tuesday September 12, 2023

After lunch we took a drive into the town  called West Wareham of course they had a Walmart close by.
We found a few stores I want to hit tomorrow too.
Had alot of rain again and what a mess this place is when wet. Battle trying to keep sand out of the RV.

Wednesday September 13, 2023

After  breakfast this am, I did a  zoom call with no BS till noon.
 Then we got ready and went back to town. We took a nice little walk around the shops and stores around. We went into Lowe's, Home Goods, and  LL Bean. Jim still in need of a good rain coat.
Then we had lunch at Jersey Mike's.
We both had Italian sub, and brought half of each home. 
Then Jim sat in the truck while I went into Aldi's. All in the same area together. Oh my so much fun for me. I feel like I was able to get so much of what I wanted, all for 89.00.
I like to look at stuff from Germany, my MIL is from there. They had a new selection of cakes. Apple and cherry tarts, apple walnut, strawberry cream, and almond cake. Almost got one.

Then we got diesel and went home. 
Nice we ate already, so I just had to change and start putting stuff away.

Jim got the grill out, grilled onions and peppers, zucchini next, then reheated some of the sausage Tony and Sue gave us, I made a pasta salad with all that. Then he grilled chicken last. I put everything away and did travel food prep for over 2 hours. Made a cottage cheese pudding, and white chicken chili. One of my favorite jobs, love it. I'm such a domestic goddesses.
Also another favorite, laundry, I did a few loads yesterday and today too.

By now it was time for dinner I had everything ready and we ate and watched TV and relaxed the rest of the evening.

Real life, not a great adventure everyday. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is working out for your travels.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, Love, Love Jersey Mikes. Only place to get a GOOD cheesesteak around here. And believe me we tried. When we were traveling I always wanted to try the TT parks in the New England states. Never did get there.

    ReplyDelete