Friday, September 1, 2023

Muddy Monday Travel Day

Muddy Monday Travel Day

Monday August 28, 2023

This morning we got up around 7:00 a.m. our goal was to leave as close to 9:00 as possible. He got ready and once we were outside, the ranger Jim talked to yesterday came up to help us get out. 
He helped us dodge the rocks and other RVs and obstacles. As usual the campground was built a long time ago, before the rigs were so huge. I told him yesterday I didn't understand why they needed the big rocks in such stupid places. 
We both watched as Jim backed out of another pull through site again.
I followed along behind him. He did a great job, and I jumped in the truck with him, and off we went. It was almost 9:30 am now.
We only had a 175 miles travel day. Took about 3.5 hours. 
There was a sign that said for the next 30 miles watch for moose in the roadway. After about a good 10 miles in I finally got a picture of another sign.
We only stopped once for potty break and lunch. 
We arrived at Moody Beach Thousand Trails about 1:30 in the afternoon. 
When we came in to check in, our neighbor from our last Campground was also there. He had checked in yesterday. He had the big beautiful Super C. We chatted a minute as they tried to figure out where to put us. 
He made a few suggestions, but they would require us to move again tomorrow. He gave us an option of site 20 or 24. After going potty, Jim and I walked over there to check them out.

 We picked 24 it was a lovely spot, nice shade and a great bed of stones were down. Compared to the other site which was very muddy. We walked back and told them we'd take 24. 
I follow Jim as he made his way around. A few tight turns and he got off into the grass that sloped down and he said the mud just sucked him in. He used the four wheel drive to get out. 
This is what happened. 
Whoopsie 
As he was backing in, I saw Paula walk by from Orlando that I line dance with. Said hi to her.
 The site wasn't very long but we managed to get in. Jim got the golf cart out right away, and I set up the inside. First time golf cart was out since we were using it at the cabin/ house. 
This will probably be the last time we put out all three slides out until we get to Indiana to Affinity RV group again. Jim says maybe one more time the 3rd week in September,  we are Hershey for a week, that will be the last time.

We took a little golf cart ride together and later had dinner and relaxed the rest of the night.

Tuesday August 29, 2023

Morning routine we had breakfast and later had lunch.  We went out to a grocery store or two. 
First we stopped at an IGA. Thought it would be cheaper, and I was wrong. Turned out Hannaford's is way better. I knew I like that store.There parking lot was really full, compared to IGA, was not.. I was totally out of eggs so we got a few things at both stores. Took everything home and put it away. 
Went for a little walk and another golf cart ride before dinner. I made us each a delicious mudslide and before 10 pm, I was ready for bed. Jim stayed up till 11:30 watching a show he likes, Band of Brothers.

Wednesday August 30, 2023

We heard the rain start in the middle of the night. I got up just after 6:00 a.m. this morning. Jim was up at 9ish and it rained pretty much until after 2:00 in the afternoon. 
I had gotten scrapple out and sliced it, we both had scrapple,  eggs and toast for breakfast. It was fantastic. 
Later I made Egg Roll in a bowl for lunch which we had about 1:30.
Later the rain finally stopped and Jim and I went for a good hour walk, around the campground. We got to see the beautiful pool here.
 We saw a sign that said shuttle bus to the beach. WHAT...
We went in and inquired about it and for $3 round trip each, they will take you up the road, to what they said is one of the 10 best beaches in the country.
 Now we have plans for tomorrow.
 After our walk we sat outside and Jim had planned a fire. We sat for a while and just as we were about to get it going, the rains came again.
 I went in and he sat out, I put the awning out for him. He came in and I made quesadillas for dinner and he went back out and started a fire later.
I went out to squeegee the camper while it was still really wet, except for under the awning. 
I went up to bed before he even came in.

No comments:

Post a Comment