Wednesday, September 6, 2023

New friends in Maine

New friends in Maine

Monday September 4, 2023

This morning after breakfast Jim went out to put the new batteries in the truck. 
Jim also put air in one golf cart tire , that keeps losing air. While he did that,  I did a few chores inside.
 I wanted to go take a dip in the hot tub before I showered. So we took the golf cart up and had a nice soak.
We returned had lunch together, I took a shower. Before we knew it, it was almost 3:00. 
I wanted to go for a substantial walk, and get celery and onions, on the way back. I was totally out.  Jim said we could go up to Hannaford's grocery store, park walk from there. 
Then come back get what I wanted in the store, and go home for dinner.
 So we left right before 3:00 got to the store, walked up to Well's Beach, it was a mile away.
There was benches to sit to see the ocean. The tide was coming in and the one bench was totally soaked, as the waves were crashing way up where we were standing. 
There was a couple sitting across from it with an umbrella for shade. She offered to move over so we could sit with them, which we did. We had a lovely chat as we watched, brave or crazy, not sure which, people walk in front of the rocks, with the waves crashing on them to come up to this side. 
One French lady, holding a beer, high and the hand of a small child, scared to death. Alot walked over.

Carla and Gary, are native from Maine, live 15 minutes away. We had a lovely chat with them. We talked about walking here, she talked about her sciatica pain, I mentioned Jim has that occasionally. Then they so generously offered to drop us back at Hannaford's. 
I really wanted to get the 2nd mile walk. But they were so nice. It was also getting late. We talked about their favorite restaurant which is The Steakhouse, in Wells on Route 1, we drove by it a few times. She said it's the absolute best restaurant. I gave her my card as we chatted, she even suggested we could all go out to dinner together there, one night this week.
 She offered again to drive us back, so we couldn't resist, they were so nice, thank you Gary and Carla.
 Once we got back to Hannaford's I went in by myself. I walked the whole store, found my celery and onions, a few other things. No celery seed, though. 
We drove home. Jim put the Ninja on and I made paleo chocolate chip cookies first, well he did. We made my favorite unfried chicken on the Ninja. I heated up some leftover sides to go with it.

 We sat outside and had a lovely dinner as Jim had just started a fire. Then Cheryl stopped by, we told her we didn't get her the definite measurements for the generator cover.

 So Jim opened the bed of the truck, and she climbed in the back with a tape measure. After she confirmed the measurements, we chatted a minute. Quoted us a $60 price, she left. 

We sat by the fire till dark, I went in a little before Jim. We planned our day for tomorrow before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment