Sunday, September 10, 2023

Lobster dinner Potluck

Lobster Dinner Potluck 

Wednesday September 6, 2023
This morning we didn't do much I just tried to plan for our potluck tonight. We saw Captain Tom leave this morning in his Jeep, so he could bring the lobsters home. Wouldn't work very well on the motorcycle. 
When he arrived home, he brought two over for us. We talked a while he showed us how you can tell the males and females apart. 
He offered to just cook them with his. I said that would be great. I told him I made sides to go with everything and I even made dessert. So he said he would cook them all together.
I realized after he took them home that I no longer had a huge pot I could cook them in. Since now I use the instant pot for everything. But I didn't think that would work well.
 I set our table outside. Everything was ready around 6:00 p.m  I made roasted potatoes on the Ninja, I had fresh frozen corn off the cob, I made coleslaw, and of course Red Lobster cheddar biscuits and a chocolate chip zucchini cake that I  garnished with fresh berries and whipped topping.
It was a fantastic meal with them, can't thank Captain Tom and Yvonne enough. 
We enjoyed our evening together. They both work early in the morning, so we said good night to them about 7:30. He gave Jim a third Lobster, which he cleaned right away for tomorrow and put the shells in the big bucket.
We put everything away and Jim did all the dishes.
What a great DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment