Saturday, February 3, 2024

Happy Monday

Happy Monday 

Monday January 29, 2024
looking forward to it....

Monday I was up first, probably working on the blog. Jim got up a little later I started his pierogies and eggs for breakfast and he finished it.
 As I left to go to walk fit. Then came home ever so briefly, and left and walked across the road to line dance with everyone for a couple hours.
When I returned we had lunch together. We called our financial advisor in Pennsylvania. As we are continuing to move forward on our HDT and Smart car quest, that we found in Iowa.
We went for a golf cart ride saw the gator in the pond here. 
We fried a pound of catfish outside for dinner with leftovers for tomorrow.
Talked with Jack, that's behind us, while we did that. Jack and Vicky leave tomorrow. 
We had our dinner of catfish with tartar sause.
 I had made Cole slaw, hush puppies, veggies for me, Mac and cheese, baked beans from HDT Rally I had frozen, all to go with it. I pulled two slices of chocolate chip zucchini cake out, had frozen yogurt with it for Dessert. Relaxed for the rest of the evening.

Now Taco Tuesday 

Tuesday January 30, 2024

As we drank our coffee this morning. We saw Jack packing up to leave. After breakfast, when he was ready to pull forward. Jim went out to say goodbye. He and a few other friends stopped by too. 
They all helped push his golf cart up his ramp. I heard him say, I forgot to charge it. They all chatted for quite awhile. 
When they pulled out,  Jim chatted for a while with Larry, another neighbor guy. 
I eventually had to call him in. He had to send our financial advisor in Pennsylvania something. 
Later we saw Crystal Ball guy Kenny and Gail are here. We stopped and chatted for a bit. He showed us inside truck, etc. 
We asked more questions, and told him our plans of a Volvo HDT in our future. We have been seeing each other alot in our travels.
Love the sign on slide, please remove your shoes.
We had tickets for Taco Tuesday. It was packed. Last season we had choice of beef or chicken. This year was a choice of beef or fish. I don't eat beef, so fish it was. This was Not really my favorite. I made more of a salad, brought my own tortilla chips and shared some avocado with Nancy. I probably threw half a mine away. But Jim loved the beef version. Forgot to get pictures. Had an enjoyable time sitting with our friends.
Later as we finished our ride across the road, we saw a lovely sunset.

Wednesday January 31, 2024

Can't believe it's the last day of January. 
I got ready and went up for walk fit with the ladies here. 
When I returned my dance socks, that I ordered were delivered on our steps. Now I can line dance easily with my new sneakers on. 
Later we were taking a golf cart ride. We checked on the gator at the little pond on our side first..
He was sunning himself on the bank.
He looks alot larger there. Really had to zoom in. 
Then we stopped to say hi to Neil and Nancy. They were both in the middle of projects, and Neil was trying to install the new thermostat he bought. 
Right down Jim's alley, so they started working on that together, as Nancy and I chatted. We talked about borrowing some travel bags, when we fly to Iowa to see the HDT. And drive him home.
 Later I walked home to get ready. I had food to put away after we had pre cooked some things and had lunch before we left.
When Jim finished for the day. He said they could finish it tomorrow. He came home in the golf cart, we got ready and we all met for happy hour. 
Again it was packed, we sat with Neil and Nancy, Bruce and Sherri, and another couple of their friends don't remember their names. 
They had wings, nachos, and popcorn available.
Nancy said she was very quiet and didn't chat. Then Sherri introduced me to a couple that live in Cornwall Manor where I used to work. 
They have a beautiful home there. They come for a few weeks in there MH. It was so cool to meet them, had a lovely chat. 
We talked way after dark with everyone. And then we came home Jim and I had dinner together.
Got a great picture of my younger GD, Mia, she looks so much like Travis. Miss them both.
Her Mom made her a hat. I told her she should try again to teach her to crochet. I did awhile ago. She maybe ready now.

No comments:

Post a Comment