Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Thursday Flea market and Line Dance

Thursday Flea Market and Line Dance 

Thursday February 1, 2024

It is shocking it is February already.

 This morning after breakfast and getting ready a little earlier this Thursday. Jim and I took the golf cart over across the road to the flea market. Walked around quite a bit. Lovely chatting with people. 
I ended up finding a pair of earrings I liked. My Philosophy is there's always room for earrings, and they always fit.
I wanted strawberries, and bananas,  found some nice broccoli to make more broccoli salad. 
This one stand had really cool candles made to look like drinks. 
I love the two on the right in the wine glass and the rock glass with a whiskey looking drink, would have been perfect for Neil and Nancy. Not sure if they're into that. Plus candles scare me in the RV. 
Bottom was really cool necklaces.

We got home in time to have lunch together and then I walked over across the road again to line dance with everyone. Very small group today. Other activities going on in the big room at the same time.
 Love this cute little coffee bar they have in there. Coffee and water available all the time. While I line danced, Jim went back over to Neil and finished up wiring in the new thermostat. 
It looks great.
I made a strawberries pie later. 

Friday February 2, 2024
Yepp this is all Jim.

This morning I got up and went to walk fit. So excited to finish planning our trip to Iowa for the HDT. I decided to pack a tiny bit, after I got home.
Found this, end made a nice snack box to take.
 After lunch later in the afternoon, Jim and I made a trip into Eustis for some errands. 
We stopped at the post office first and had our deposit ready for the HDT, took it inside to mail to Iowa. I assumed he wanted it made out to him, he never answered when I asked. Once we came out to the truck I had forgotten my phone. Luckily I looked at it right away and he did say, he wanted it addressed to an Investment Group.

Jim said you'll never get it back now, I said, " OH YES I will. "
 I immediately went back in to ask for the envelope back, removed the old check. Wrote a new check and gave it back to them. Phew, that was a close call. Trying to do everything to accommodate them. 
Basically we're looking into Insurance options and changing our domicile to Florida. But mainly we're waiting to know where we have to fly to. 

Then we went over to the lake, had a nice relaxing walk, got a few pictures of the sun reflecting off the water.
 Saw a young guy fishing, we chatted with. 
Beautiful day on the water.
Dennis and Linda had arrived yesterday and they told us to come over when we returned today. 

Once we were situated we took the golf cart on the other side of the road looking for their rig. We didn't immediately see it. 
Then Jim realized he saw their truck, sitting, with a brand new East/West Ahara, fifth wheel number, 380 FL. 
We got a quick tour, when we went around to the back of the RV. The neighbors were out. And all the sites are so close together. We felt awkwardly on top of them. Sort of apologized, and we saw they were from Nova Scotia.
1998 Newell Motorhome 
 He said hi and Jim said how we have good friends from there Kathy and Timmy. They said there are friends. How awesome. They said they were coming over to the fire later on tonight. Small Campground, cuz so are we. 
It was beautiful front living room rear master bath and bedroom, with Center kitchen. 
We couldn't stay very long, as we had tickets for the pork dinner here tonight. 
 We went over around 5:00 and sat with Neil, Nancy and a new couple we met at the flea market today, when she was shopping for something near us. I heard her say my grandkids are coming, my grandkids are coming, I said, so are mine. Her G kids are young. We were both excited.
 We had a lovely chat with them, they're from New York.
 After a really nice dinner, we said goodnight to Neil and Nancy.  We sat with Bruce and Sherri and talked until after dark. 
Then  Kathy and Timmy invited us over to their beautiful Beaver motorhome. 
We stopped and said hi and decided we should go home, and put on warmer clothes, Jim refilled his drink. And I actually made myself a super diluted Cosmo, and brought that along. We grabbed a few chairs and headed over.
 Their friends were there Scott and Pam that we had met earlier. Funny story is they just bought a motorhome. But still have an HDT. Probably going to sell it.. They're giving the motorhome a year before they decide if they want to continue on that route or not. He said it was a little physically challenging doing the fifth wheel now.  The motorhome is easier, but they might switch it up, and go back to the HDT. Yepp I said it SIU, it's a thing NOW.
We had a lovely chat the six of us. It was so much fun, I forgot to get a picture again. 
They had a propane fire going, as it was freezing cold till we finally left at almost 11:00 p.m. what a wonderful night we had talking HDT with them and catching up with Kathy and Timmy.
We arrived home and it was really cold inside 68°. Forgot to put heat pump back on before we left. Need  both AC's on during the day. 
Cranked up the heat and I bundled up in a blanket in my chair. I looked at Jim and said, " well we can't go to sleep now. " We had put the TV on and realized there was some YouTubers we didn't really know. But they had just posted quite a few videos on the HDT Rally that we attended for my birthday in October, in Hutchinson Kansas. That I keep talking about. 
We started watching quite a few of them. They did an aerial view of all the trucks. We got to see our fifth wheel, Switch It Up, Todd and Sheila's former set up. AKA, Fiona the fifth wheel and Shrek the 2020 Ram 3500. Us in aerial with red mark. There set up, and our 2011 F-450 all FOR SALE now.
Finally got to bed at midnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment