Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Thomas IS HERE

Thomas IS HERE 

Friday February 9, 2024

As Jim said, we got our baby back, baby back. 
What an exciting day today will be. I got up and did my three mile walk fit. I only did the first hour of line dance. Left when beginners started. 

While I was doing that, Jim picked up the golf cart at the gate that was rented for Thomas this week. 
When I Got home, I changed and we went to do some errands before Thomas and his family arrive today. 

First we made the drive to Wells Fargo. We were opening up a new checking account for Florida. It's kind of killing two birds with one stone. 
It will help us move money around from PA to here for the HDT. Also help to establish our residency here as hopefully soon to be new Floridians.

 That was quite the long procedure getting the checking account up and running. We had a lovely experience working with Paulo. He made it a very pleasant experience. Although we were very illiterate with our phones trying to sign up for everything, lol.
He was very helpful.
Once we left, it was after 1:00 p.m.. we made a quick run into Taco Bell and grabbed a bite. 
Then we headed back to the campground. Once we arrived I did a little food prep for later, sliced the pork and chicken we made yesterday. Took the chicken off the bones for later to make quesadillas. Few other things, we changed and got ready. 

They're plane landed at 2:00 in Orlando. Then they were driving a rental car back here. The flight was early and Thomas is a great driver and we thought we would check into the cabin first, but they arrived way before check-in time. 
So excited for their arrival. 
We went and waited on the other side of the gate. So exciting to see them pull in. They have Texas plates, 
Texans for the week.
After a million hugs. We showed them the golf cart, Jim took a great picture of Thomas and I. 
Then have his whole family my daughter-in-law Kerri and 16 year old granddaughter Sarah. 
We chatted for a while. Then right at 4:00 we went into The Welcome Center to check in.
 Thomas followed Jim and I in the golf cart. First we stopped at our RV, they were hungry, and didn't eat since breakfast. I made them pork sandwiches, a few chips, and broccoli salad.

Then we went to the cabin. Once we arrived to cabin,  Flamingo the key did not work.
Botton left cabin is Armando, the cabin his Mom had for a month, a few years ago.
Thomas and I drove all the way back to the Welcome Center,  in the car, and told them. They said oh, there's been a problem with that with other guests. Apparently they didn't fix it, gave us another key and we went back.
 There was maintenance guys already waiting there. Kerri was a little annoyed by the whole process I think. 

Thomas got it and he said it's all good, the maintenance guys left. We took them in, we got them situated. 
Sarah had nice loft space to herself.

We took the golf cart for a nice ride around the park, and showed them the lay of the land here.
Later Thomas and family went up with me to meet all my line dancing friends.
I stayed till dance was over at 930.
The ladies went home earlier. Thomas and Jim hung out, drove the golf cart around and picked me up when the dance was over. We drove around awhile was after 10 by now :)
What a wonderful day having Thomas here.

No comments:

Post a Comment