Friday, February 2, 2024

Moving Forward

Moving Forward 

Today marks the day my Mother passed 14 years ago.
Saturday January 27, 2024

Today during breakfast and coffee. 
We watched our neighbor in the huge beautiful motorhome, across from us, putting boards under back tires to get out. They sunk in the sand pretty bad. He prepped alot yesterday, but it took him hours to get out.
Jim went out and offered to help, he said not much he could really do, But thanked him.
I listen to NoBS at 10:00 for an hour.
Later they have a band playing for the Saturday dance, here at Southern Palms. It was called Country 44. 
Jim and I went over in the golf cart as it was across the road. We sat with Jack and Vicky, and their friends Sam and Irene. He was a hoot. Had a lot of fun stories, very entertaining. Plus Jack had a big bottle of bourbon he was sharing with everyone, so there's that. 
Some lady came over, and Jim saw the whole thing happen. She asked Jack to dance, he is 83. Jim said he told her " I don't think my wife would like that." Irene was in the bathroom at the time. When she came back Sam said I told her what happened. Lol She told us another stories when that happened, Too. Did I say he is 83, lol 
Jim told Sam " you still got it buddy. " We had a fun night together. Jim and I were able to dance alot too. 
We all headed home about 10:00 p.m..

Sunday January 28, 2024

Today I like to get up and watch Sunday with Willy Geist, while we have our coffee, and I made breakfast. Today I didn't do much felt sleepy all day, I think because of the pollen hitting me so hard here this time of year. I think it affected Jim too.  He slept in the chair for 2 hours while I listened to NoBS. 

Later we went for a golf cart ride and visited with Nancy and Neil as they arrived today. That was about the full extent of the day. 
Our friends Mandy made this cute little giraffe for Nancy's granddaughter Olivia.
Tomorrow is Happy Monday and we plan to continue to move forward....

No comments:

Post a Comment