Sunday, December 18, 2022

Travel Day from Gainesville to TTO aka Thousand Trails Orlando

Travel Day from Gainesville Florida to TTO

Tuesday November 22, 2022

This morning we left Gainesville area heading to Thousand Trails Orlando. It is only a few hours away. We planned our departure for arriving after 12:00, which is a hard rule for this Campground. When we arrived, you get your paperwork, and  go to a staging area. They kind of were giving us an idea what was open. Since it's early in the season they send you off to find a site.
 We ended up getting one right in front of the building that all the activities take place in. 
Was very convenient, right in the heart of the activity, which we're not always used to. It can be a little noisy.
After we got set up and situated, he put the golf cart together too, and did all the things that he does to the outside for a setting up.

 Wednesday November 23 

The first thing in the morning we have breakfast and I got ready and went across the road, they do walk fit every morning between 9 and 10 a.m.. we walk 3 miles, when I was finished, Jim and I went for a walk. We saw Donna,  that we knew a little bit because of Neil and Nancy. 

We took a golf cart ride and saw the flooding that was still going on in the woodsy end of the campground. 
They relocated alot of people out. Looks like they didn't get out in time.
Towards the end of the golf cart ride we were chased by a very small dog, he thought he was a Doberman. Really ticked Jim off,  having a loose dog. Right after that we saw another beautiful red Doberman . We were talking to the owner.

They had a blood drive going on so I donated  blood at 3:00. It was a great first full day in TTO.

Thanksgiving November 24,

After our morning pot of coffee Jim and I always share I made him his breakfast. I eat mine and then went over for walk fit from 9:00 to 10:00.

 Happy Thanksgiving. It was weird not cooking something. Well I did make us some mini pumpkin custard for tomorrow. I got some leftovers out yesterday to eat for tomorrow too.
 I had volunteered to go and help in the kitchen at the campground that was serving a Thanksgiving meal $15 a plate.
 I talked to Chef Carlos on the day I arrived to set things up. 
I went over at 11:00 to help to pre-cut cakes and pies. They served from 12:00 to 6:00. They had a wonderful meal. All homemade real turkey and real potatoes etc. Jim came over about 1:00, I took a break and we ate together. 
 Then I pretty much stayed on the serving line helping clear tables, talking with people. I was impressed he had real Corelle white dinner plates he served on . The crazy part was there was no dishwasher in the kitchen . 
It was a lot of fun for me. They were very busy and thanked me for the help quite a few times. He also gave me a couple Thanksgiving meals to take home. Now I really have a lot which makes it really feel like Thanksgiving.
We did have a little bit of time to talk and he told me how he worked at Disney for like 30 years and worked in catering served anywhere from 10 to 10,000 people already. Was in many many different countries too.. spoke English and Spanish. Worked on cruise ships, was very impressive. He said he made almost every kind of food you could imagine.
 He told us later to come over for breakfast and lunch. I said Jim would love that. I came back and took a little break around 4:00 to 4:30 went back and finished up was back just after 6:00. 

Thomas had called earlier and Jim got to talk to everyone when his mom was still there. I was still over in the kitchen yet. Then we called him again and talked to Thomas and Kerri a little bit,  Sarah was there too, it was nice to see them  and hear their voices. 

Friday November 25

This morning after breakfast I went to walk fit again. Then when I came home later after lunch we went for a golf cart ride. 
At one point I jumped off the golf cart quickly to take a picture, and got into ants on my left foot. They got me pretty good. Didn't really feel it for 2 days. But then it's itchy for 2 weeks.

We had seen a DRV fifth wheel that I recognized from the switch it up huddle. I saw their names on their sign which said Val and Kevin. Their truck wasn't there, I told Jim I was positive it was them. He didn't believe, me I wanted to make a bet but he wouldn't bet me anything. Cuz he knows I would win. So later that day I told him I wanted to drive by and see if they were there yet. He wouldn't go with me. It was already dark out,  I took the golf cart there and the  truck wasn't there.  I put my card on their step and wrote on it "I think I know you."  As I was pulling out of the driveway a big truck was coming, so I waited to see where they went. He pulled in and got out by himself,  never seeing Val. Cuz then I would have been positive it was them. But she was still in the fifth wheel, the whole time.  I hollered Kevin, he said yes I said I think I know you. Yea, I won that bet, he invited me in and we chatted for a bit, it was so exciting to see him. Sadly they were leaving the next morning. We had a nice chat trying to figure out when we could meet again, hopefully it would be soon, so I got back to the RV.

I Told Jim I won, and then we got ready and went across the road to the karaoke and line dancing party they have on two consecutive Fridays. We got to line dance together was a lot of fun.
Was sitting with people I walk with in the morning. 
Doug we was going back and forth playing Texas Holden, and  Renee, Kathy and Tim . Jim had a nice chat with him.
Saturday November 26

After breakfast we left to go to The Villages, and walked around farmers market. There were a few vendors there.
They were selling wooden roses, I heard this boy say he was getting them for his Mother who was sick, so sweet.
 But they were getting ready to have a tree lighting ceremony in Brownwood Square preparing for Santa Claus . Some guy told us that they do it for every Square in The Villages like four consecutive nights. 
Then we had lunch in Cody's, we love it there. This was our view from our table outside.
Then we had an appointment to have an  tour at Thousand Palms campground. It was at 2:30.  Went to Thousand Palms for the tour and wasn't that impressive, we got a golf cart ride around the park then we, respectively said NO, and took off  and went to Winn-Dixie before we headed home.
 Once we arrived we had a light dinner and relaxed for the rest of the evening. 

Sunday November 27

We didn't do much the next couple of days. We did take a nice long walk and saw 4 different Turtles.
Jim did get the smoker out, and smoked a pork loin and then started a fire. Was a Lovely night.
Everyday next week I did do walk fit.
Not much else happened. No more pictures.

Tuesday November 29

While I did walk fit this morning I could watch Jim as he started the hard job of washing the FW today. They just started changing a 25.00 water fee for do it your self. The water so hard I guess, let it so spotted, not good.
Later I went over to the activity center to mail a letter, and met more Switch Crew. So fun
Amy and George Jones nice to meet you.

Wednesday November 30, 2022

We finally got to see Bonnie and Donnie. So much fun she is.
To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment