Thursday, January 4, 2024

Booked another Switch It Up Huddle in SC

Booked another Switch It Up
Huddle in SC

Tuesday December 26, 2023
This morning I got myself up and ready for walk fit by 9:00 a.m. did my 3 miles and line dance for 2 hours. I was so fired up again with adrenaline. 

 While I was doing that Jim took a golf cart ride. He told me he went by the cabins and someone hollered, hello to him. He realized it was Barry and Elka. He went over to say hi, 
They needed help getting the air conditioning going in the cabin, it was 80 degrees, Barry didn't know how to work the thermostat. Jim used to install them. 
Jim also got their satellite DirecTV working. When we used to have satellite, if I touched the wrong button I'd always mess it up, and he'd have to fix it. I think that's what happened to them. Lol
I'm glad he remembered to take pictures. I asked him to, so I could send them to my DIL. This cabin should be very similar to the one we rented for when they come to Florida to visit us in February.
 Later we met back at the RV had lunch together.
Later Jim and I took a golf cart ride together to take the trash out. He kept saying we might forget, and take it back home again. 
Then we stopped and talked with Jeanna and Lynn, they leave TTO tomorrow. We had a quick visit and ended up taking their huge trash bag with ours to get rid of. 
We also saw Keith and Carla sitting out at their motorhome. She wasn't feeling well, haven't seen her for a while. 

Later we got home and while I was making quesadillas for dinner. Jim and I had a big discussion on the upcoming Switch It Up Huddle in South Carolina in April. 
They are so addictive, and so much fun. But they can be a little pricey. But since we would not have to go out of our way at all to get there, that made the decision easier. 
 David and Sandra Kahanamoku, from Big Truck Big Travels, texted me and asked if we were going. Even before we decided to. I facilitated the meeting with them at the HDT Rally in Kansas, with Todd and Sheila, from Switch It Up. So that was also a big deciding factor, we would be able to see them all again.
So Jim and I decided to book it. So excited. 
Then we decided to meet Jeanna and Lynn, to go participate in the DJ/trivia night. 
Thank goodness we were hanging out with them, between Jim and the two of them we won most the games. They made it way more fun then it would have been otherwise.
 Jim really knows his Sports and music trivia and so does Lynn. Huge prizes they were giving out, lol it was gross kid candy, but I did get a pack of gum woohoo. Later we went home watch TV took showers and I did a load of towels.

Wednesday December 27, 2023
Of course this morning I went up to do walk fit. Wednesdays it's over at 10:00 a.m.. once we got home and ready for the day, we went out for lunch. I wanted Chipotle and Jim decided on Arby's that was next door. We sat in the truck and ate. 
After that we went into the Walmart liquor store for Booze. It was very busy today. I want mimosas, I didn't get any yet...
Then we ran into Walmart, got more pills refilled, a little food shopping. We saw MaryJo in there, had a quick chat.

 Once we got home we went for a golf cart ride. While we were out we saw two other Cricket golf carts. 
 Saw Christmas lights HDT Style on way home.
Couple in the purple one we just met. The other black one is Fran and Gloria we met at Peace River. After our little meet up, we headed home to start dinner. 
John and Tina stopped by for a quick visit, told them that we hadn't seen Stewart and Sallie yet. They are busy with all their kids and grandkids for the holiday.
 While we were out in the golf cart we were invited up to Sean and Angela, more Switch Crew. So after dinner we went up to have a quick visit. Jason and Jen were also there from No Sticks No Bricks. They are from Alaska. Above picture.
It was nice to get to chat with them a little bit. They were playing a dice game. We had a drink and then it started to rain, we headed home after Dark. 
Got home and took a shower before bed a little TV. 

Thursday December 28, 2023 

Today starts out with my favorite walk fit and line dance. I did an extra half hour with a few people. I wanted to practice a few dances before we left. 

Arrived home, I had leftover Chipotle for lunch. Rained a little bit in the morning so Jim and I worked on the last of our curtain project, up in the bedroom.
We added the cording trim.
Washed and put on new sheets we bought at Walmart yesterday too. Then we took a golf cart ride to get the mail. Saw a beautiful sunset.
Then I started cooking, I made creamy butternut squash soup and spaghetti in the instant pot also steamed spaghetti squash, in the microwave.
Our little tree, sad soon will be taking it down. Jim washing a pile of dishes after my cooking spree.
 Dennis and Linda invited us over for a drink and cake and to watch the launch together later,  first one just after 8 pm.
Moon was so bright. The bright dot was launch. Eventually you could see the two rocket boosters come back down and land where they took off.
 We went over and did all that with them. You probably can tell which of these pictures I did not take on my phone. We got home way after dark and I went to bed.  Jim watched the hockey game and went out to see the second launch at 11:00 p.m.

1 comment:

  1. Shucks I was about to say what a great shot when I read further.

    ReplyDelete