Monday, January 22, 2024

Switch It Up the RV Revolution RV Show Day #1

Switch It Up the RV Revolution 
RV Show Day #1

Wednesday January 17, 2024
This morning I woke up just before 6:00 a.m. worried about our battery percentage. Jim got up, it was at 67%. Wow that's really great. We didn't go under 50% for our AGM batteries, which is not good for them. Jim said he was going back to bed. Since they were okay, I said fine. 
I  made coffee the old fashioned way. He said you love doing that anyway. I just heat up water and dump it over the grounds,  instead of turning the coffee pot on, using electric.
It was 63° downstairs. I got fully dressed before I came downstairs. Jim got up about 6:30 a.m. and got the generator going, with a smile on his face this time. 
  I heated up pancakes for breakfast that I pre-made before we left, and made him eggs too. I had my normal oatmeal with Greek yogurt and fruit. Then he went outside because he wanted to be out there when they were ready for us to plug in. It was still quite chilly.
 I listened to a NoBS Zoom call, from  10:00 to 11:00. By then I was bundled up and ready to go out myself.
 Had a lovely chat with the people in the custom travel home,  Julia and  Robert Barclay.  Rocky and Lori they are interested in one for a piece of property they have. 
They had the fire going inside.
Then after we were all plugged in and ready to roll. We went into the RV show for the first time. We went in with Cindy and Billy. We were able to see some vendors we were interested in.
They wanted to look at Cricket's, like ours. They have a passenger trailer to tow behind it now.
Then we got to see the new custom Spacecraft, 
 that is Switch It Up, Todd and Sheila's new home, office and switch Crew mobile event space.
They found a Mack 2019 HDT
Jim took a picture of me climbing in the truck, it's just gorgeous. The fifth wheel will be towed using a commercial hitch, as it's built on a semi chassis. It has a huge  6 X 8 LED screen outside for the crew to view during events. The Box holds his motorcycle, kayaks, e-bikes and toys. That way the whole inside of the RV can be living and working space.

Join the RV Revolution where community and Innovation Unite. 
The desk is Todd's editing space and dining area. New bed called Axle Bloom, not sure if I spelled that right. I believe it has a lot of comfortable features apparently. Also a residential size washer dryer combo by Whirlpool I think it was.
In the video titled The Beginning, Todd talks about having bands play on the roof.   Ryan Harman, the side deck would be for the bass guitar player Jeremy, the back deck is for the drums. Todd is pointing to them with Jim. Saying this will work. LOL
We spend some time there looking and chatting with everyone. By now it was after 1:30 and Jim was starving. We walked back to the RV to have lunch rest and get ready for the next event tonight.
We went back inside the RV show, walking around a bit. 
Jim's favorite Foretravel.
Then for a private event with Todd and Sheila in the new totally custom manufacturer SpaceCraft.
Jim had snacks. Sunset over the show,, Then home for dinner. I heated the chicken he pre smoked.
Then Jim called an Uber to take us to 
Bootleggers Brewing Co. for a meet and greet with The Brazen Brits,  Lawrence and Natalie. Got to meet his parents too. Talked with tons of awesome people.
Won a door prize.
We didn't get Uber back home til almost 10, pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment