Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Tampa RV Show Day #3

Tampa RV Show Day #3

Friday January 19, 2024
This morning we got up and out the door and went for donuts. They're available every morning, but you have to get them yourself this year. We finally found, them had some coffee with it. 
Then we headed into the show.
 Today's the day we make our final purchases on anything I want. 
We kept seeing Crew and stopped and talked on the way. 
But my first stop was the sofa bed at Glastop. Once we arrived we talked with David and Heather again. To figure out the logistics of how we would get the sofa in the RV.
 I was so afraid they wanted us to wait till Sunday after the show, at 5. Jim would not want to sign up for that. 
The electric is supposed to be off at noon. 
To our surprise David wanted us to come in Saturday at 5:00 to 5:30 to pick it up. 
I figured out the rest of the details, that sounds like that will work. We payed for it, now to figure out how to get rid of our old one.
Then we continued on to see my favorite things at the show. One was grip sticks, the aloe vera lipstick I found, few years ago.. Didn't purchase any this year, and this is the cleaning product we found for the sap on the RV. Apparently it has multiple uses. It is called Koenig Spray Polish.
Top right picture it cleaned sap from RV under trees. Itasca pic was oxidation it removed.
Next the rug I wanted since last year. 
I got the black and gray one on bottom shelf. A dirty floor drives me nuts, you can see everything on our dark wood floors. 
Told Jim next year we could get one for inside his bathroom. He could step from one to the other, when he comes in from his campfires.
Then I found something else I wanted to purchase, it's a stove top oven. The guys who invented it are from Switzerland too, same as the Custom Travel Home guy Robert. 
 I told them I love the idea of the stove top oven, but technically don't really need one. Trying to take a picture, and get away. When I told him I had a  blog, he gave me his card and said to contact him, he would send me one for free. I think it was about an $85 minimum for  starter kit. There's a lot of accessories with it. I didn't tell the guy's, that I only had two people that read it. LOL thank you, Phyllis and Dee. It really cracked me up when he said that.
Then we stopped at the 2 different food trucks we picked out yesterday for today's lunch.
Jim had a chicken gyro both really good. It smells amazing cooking.
I had a rice protein bowl.
We found a picnic table that had some switch crew.  We ate with them.

Then we decided there was a few RVs we did want to look at. The new Brinkley's are all the rage. So we stopped, it was really full in there. I did think this fireplace / Pantry was interesting. Although when Jim's watching hockey, I couldn't cook at the same time, that wouldn't work. 
Then we headed back to the RV to see about getting our old sofa out and getting ready for tomorrow's new one. So exciting. 
We got home and it was kind of warm in there. Eventually we did turn the AC on, even though we have 30 amp. Should have sooner. Jim was hot. 

I called Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Goodwill, Etc nobody wanted a sofa bed. Then I thought I'd try 1-800 got junk. They originally wanted $169 to remove sofa. I told him it was all in pieces out at the curb. They didn't have to do anything, but pick it up and pull it away. He said he'd asked the franchise owner, and he called me back and said $125. Jim was working on getting the old sofa out the whole time I was doing all this . Okay guess we have no other choice, so I booked the appointment he was coming today between 1:00 and 3:30.
 I told a few people and Billy kept saying, sweetie don't pay that. As we talked the garbage guys were coming around to pick up household trash where we were all camped.
 I said it can't hurt to ask, so I walked over to the two guys, and told him I had something I wanted to see if they could take it. They followed me around the corner to the front of our truck. He saw the sofa, and said "yes ma'am we'll take that for you. "
 Amazing. We just saved $125. They were so nice I thanked them again. Jim was a happy camper.
Can't believe that old junkie sofa is gone awesome. You can see it how bad it was all taped up. 
Then Jim fixed the wood trim around the slide. It popped off when he pulls on it so hard to get slide in.
There's the empty spot. Then I spent a good hour vacuuming the area getting ready for tomorrow.
I told Jim bet you never thought that we would be done with everything before 1:30 today. NO HE DID NOT.
 Then Jim took a shower and got the Ninja grill out and started to cook chicken for our potluck.
 He does a great job and everybody kept telling him it smelled great. Then we got ready and ate at 6:00 this was part of our group. 
Couldn't believe how many people were here. Todd, Sheila, Megan arrived along with their daughters Brianna, Allison, and Ryan. 
We had a great meal together, so many people here. 
Ryan Harmon played for us again. He sang the RV Revolution song again.
Time for a change.
Shelia asked him when the song would be finished, he said that's a good question. Lol
We stayed and enjoyed the fire, as it was pretty cold tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the new sofa. I LOVE GETTING NEW FURNITURE. That's the only thing I enjoy shopping for. As far as readers, do you check to see how many people actually read your blog? You might be surprised. I only get a few comments but each blog has between 75 to 150 readers. Who are they? Don't have a clue. Suggestion: have Jim post the link to it on his FB page.

    ReplyDelete