Monday, January 29, 2024

NOW What....

NOW What...
Monday January 22, 2024

This morning we got up, hopeful for a Happy Monday. 
I always forget waffle Sunday, so I made him waffles, before I left to go to walk fit. 
Today's the last day we can use the building on this side, there Rally starts here tomorrow.
So I walked up right before 9:00. Talked to a lovely group of ladies. We did about four miles today.
 I had texted Jim I was on my way to Line Dance across the road, it's a long walk, both directions, 1 1/2 miles.
My path is the middle pictures.
Here Comes an HDT in here.
he said he couldn't talk, he had a problem. 
Great NOW What....
I got back to the RV after 12 noon, to  see the golf cart all tore apart. 
He waited till today to get it out. I've been trying to get him to Pace himself. As he works too hard, all in one day and is worn out. 
He said he got the golf cart out and it didn't want to move. Sort of figured there was a loose wire somewhere. It took him the rest of the afternoon, but he tracked it down, and got it going again. 
He's amazing. Then he went for a ride, with Bruce #3, riding shotgun incase he needed towed home. 
Later we took a ride together.
Later I made dinner. Turkey Kabasi, grilled veggies, and pasta salad.

Tuesday January 23, 2024

Thos morning after breakfast and coffee, later we went out for some errands. 
First we went to the Lake Square Mall. Just another deserted Mall like all through the country I guess. 
Not many stores open at all. Unless you need a wedding dress,
or formal wear.
Enjoy walking around. Went to the food court for lunch, only choice was Pizza or Chinese food.
Hershey ice cream, too no thanks.
We chose Chinese and took some home I even took a tupperware container with me. 
Then we had frozen yogurt for dessert. After that we saw a kiosk with some really cool t-shirts. 
Then I realized they were all faith-based and we started talking to the lady that owned it. 
Of course being full-time RVs always comes up. She kept saying it was her dream. 
We talked with her about Switch It Up, and their mission. She just loved the idea and I gave her our card and SIU card, told her she had to check it out. And plan her next RV Adventure. Told her she should definitely come to a Huddle or Campout.
 Then we went to a shoe store or two. I've been on a hunt for new sneakers named Fila. I also found a pair of slip-on Skechers that I love. 
Then we headed out, our next stop was Aldi's. I was given a time limit of about a half an hour, and I did pretty well. Still came out with about $80 worth I think. 
Also tried Batteries +Plus bulbs, we needed a new battery for the hotspot. It won't hold the charge anymore . It's where we got it last time, but they don't carry them anymore. 
Now you have to resort to Amazon, I guess.  Jim said they don't even have them. Work in progress.
Then we made a quick stop to Walmart for the rest of the items we couldn't get there. 
We saw this really cool smart car in the parking lot when we arrived.
 Be a perfect paint job for us . Then headed home, by now it's time to make dinner.

Wednesday January 24, 2024

This morning we got up and had breakfast. Took a quick golf cart ride to see if anybody we just met was interested in getting there tanks cleaned.
Matt arrived at 10 am. Ironically Kleen tank was doing one right behind us. They use a small air compressor that's electric. And Healthy Tanks, uses a gas powered motor pressure washer. That gets up to 2,000 PSI. I think it would make a huge difference doing it this way. 
Matt said our tanks were very healthy considering we've been using Tank Tech Rx, AKA Just Science. It was amazingly quick for cleaning out four tanks, two black, two Gray. Less than an hour. After he left we finished our usual tank management routine. He also bought us a bottle as we were almost out of Just Science.
 Then later we had lunch.
Later Jim went out to try to get the sap off the camper again, with our new stuff. 
He was working, he was making some progress. Bruce #3, again was  polishing his. They talked back and forth a little bit, eventually Bruce came over and showed us what he was using. 
The small bottle on the right, was the neighbor across from us in that MH. His was a lower strength.
He tried it on the sap on the truck and it wiped right off. No elbow grease needed.
His wife came over we had a nice chat. I was telling them about Switch It Up, I invited her in. We chatted about Todd and Sheila. I was explaining there vision, for RV Revolution and what good people they are. She was all teary eyed. I said where are the tears coming from.
 She explained a moment of faith she had with someone. I said wow, you would just love them. I put a video on so she could see them, and how to find them. She said she couldn't wait to watch.
Later Jim and I had dinner together.
Then I realized that we had a message from David, a guy we met,  pointed us in the direction of this HDT. He kNOWS the guy who is selling it. He said he would vouch for us, WOW.
Then a 3rd person Liz and Benny we also met at HDT Rally, he let Jim drive his Volvo. Also told us about the  SAME truck. 
Incredible. The truck seems to be perfect for us. Wrong color, but we could fix that later. Black and orange of course.
My HDT dream truck. If we can get all our DUCKS in a row.

Then we got ready and made the drive in the golf cart. Same route that I walked to go to happy hour.
We sat with some people I line danced with. They had nachos, burger sliders, and popcorn. 
2 beers per person, with me not drinking, never drinking beer, he had four. Was a nice time. I drove us home then.
Jim made Ribs on the Ninja for dinner tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment