Thursday, January 18, 2024

Getting Ready for Tampa RV Show

Getting ready for Tampa RV show 

Happy Monday January 15, 2024

This morning Jim got up right before I did. We had coffee and later breakfast together. I spent quite a bit of time planning what food I wanted to pre-cook today, to get everything ready to leave TT3 aka 3 Flags, in Wildwood to Boondock with 30 amp electric at the Tampa RV show for five nights.
 Started raining a little bit again. Jim went outside started putting things away and cleaning up all the mud. 
He also filled our tanks with fresh water, and dumped both blacks. 
While he was doing that I started prep cooking. Wanted to have as much done as possible. I made tuna salad that's in the Red Bowl. I started chopping vegetables for him to grill. He grilled onions, green beans, beautifully colored carrots, zucchini all from the farmers market. Then I got zucchini pie, (middle bottom picture, ) ready for him, he bake that, on the Ninja too. The only way I can get him to eat zucchini, besides cake. 
Then he smoked some chicken, grilled four chicken patties. Salads were for dinner later tonight.
 I washed a ton of dishes. Then I ended up vacuuming. Doing five loads of laundry. Fixed two of my nails, that I banged really hard.
Later Jim went to get diesel and beer.

 While he did that I had two magazines I wanted to return here. So I couldn't help myself, I went inside and they were Line dancing again. Only 5 people there. 
The lady looked at me, and shook her finger at me, REALLY, I enthusiastically waved back and said, HI, Sorry I can't join you again, but I'm busy today. She said okay,  I watched for a minute and left. ROFL, LOL 
When I left I was literally almost rolling on the floor laughing. 
Passive Aggressive, Maybe. I couldn't help myself.
When I got back Patti was outside. I went over and told her what I did. She thought it was funny too.
She leaves Wednesday. She said if we were both going to be staying here she would advertise that we would do it on Tuesdays and Thursdays for more advanced people to participate, and beginners also welcome. Jim said except for her. 
I told her be funny if she went Wednesday. And asked where I was, (she was so helpful and easy to follow)
She said she just MIGHT DO that.

I started working on the blog again. Forgot I had wanted to put pork chops in the oven. We didn't eat till 7.
I had alot of stuff put away, ready for tomorrow's departure.

We watch the switch it up video with Todd and Sheila, so excited about upcoming things happening this week at the Tampa RV show. It was hard for us to fall asleep.

Tuesday January 16, 2024

This morning I woke up about 6:30, bolted out of bed and started the coffee getting things ready. Had breakfast, once we went outside to start hooking, up after all the slides were in. Our problem slide really fought with us this time. 
Brett and other people were talking to us slowed us down a little bit.
It was quite hot and humid out today. Then I had to ask our neighbor to move his truck, and another guy too volunteered to move across the road. Tight left turn to get out of here we.
We left right at 9:00 a.m. had an hour drive to get to the Tampa fairgrounds. 
It was a great feeling pulling in knowing we were here, got in line started hanging out with the crew. They took the first five in line, including our wagon master. Short time later we were the second five to go in, got parked very efficiently. 
Got set up as we continue to talk and hug everyone.
The Custom Travel Home people we just met at the HDT Rally were here too. We are neighbors. 
They found a gorgeous truck and Smart car just like I want, all ready to go.
So great to see Jason again, his wife Dellynn is not here. They had to get off the road but he is making videos for Todd and Sheila right now. Doing a 10-part documentary the RV Revolution. How this whole next chapter of their Journey evolved.

Then we waited for electric. We had lunch continue chatting waiting for electric. Sometime between 2:00 and 3:00 in the afternoon, I told Jim he should probably get the generator going. Didn't want our batteries to get too low. 
He complained quite a bit, he was hoping it would be plugged in by now. It's an awful lot of rigs to get set up. So he got the generator going.
 We thought things are finally starting to happen just before dark. 
Ten rigs get plugged into this distribution box. 
I went in and heated up dinner on the stove. After we ate. It drizzled, then little heavier rain, we put the awning out.
About 7:30 or 8:00 ish I heard someone tell Jim that the electric wasn't happening tonight. So we kept the generator running till bed time.
Was really cold by now. 
We were ready for bed between 9:30 and 10:00. The batteries were charged up to 78%, then they quickly went up to 100. Then we decided to go to bed, we unplugged a few clocks. Did not put any heat on at all. We're always warm in bed. My comforter was fabulous and we slept great.

1 comment:

  1. I am so proud of you. Had to chuckle with your response to being "banned".

    ReplyDelete