Friday, January 5, 2024

Wrapping up the Year, with a few Line Dance Party's

Wrapping up the Year with a few Line Dance Party's 

Friday December 29, 2023
This morning I arrived for WalkFit and line dancing. It was a cold walk to get there. 
MaryJo showed up for line dancing today. She hasn't been feeling well.. 
MaryJo far left. 
While I was up there for 3 hours, Jim worked on the huge pile of mail we just received and called his Mom. I hate mail delivery, it really clutters up my DR table.
Later I finished the ornament I made for MaryJo, I also had some butternut squash soup, she said she really likes it.  I wanted to return her hair product she let me use. Trying to get rid of Florida frizzy hair. I invited her over for later in the day.
After I finished up and MaryJo finished her errands her and Dan stopped by for a quick visit. I gave her all the things and she told me to keep the hair product. That was nice of her. Then I made dinner and we settled in for the rest of the night after they left.

 Saturday December 30, 2023 

Today was a morning day off. Later after breakfast and I got situated I had a 4 hours Zoom call with NoBS. It sounds like a lot, but it has really ment  a lot to me to find this program. 
Jim played the drums while I did the call. Sallie stopped by while he was playing drums. She wanted to see when we were available for a visit. 

After my call was over and Jim put the drums away, we went for a walk. 
It is still dry here. Look how low the  pond is.
They were playing music again over at Rusty's, the RV that had the drums that we previously met. Our old neighbor from PR, Jonathan was over there too.
He plays the harmonica and key boards. Some other people we know we're also there. We passed Sallie and Stewart on our walk, and hung out with them at the music a little bit and got to catch up.
 Then we walked home and had leftovers for dinner. Then we got ready and went up to the
 campgrounds karaoke and line dance party they were having tonight from 6:00 to 9:00. 
There was a lot of kids there. We did 30 dances, but Jim wasn't having a lot of fun.
 So I released him early, and he went home, and I stayed till after 9:00 till it was over. 
Above picture her Grandpa has been teaching his young GD to play guitar. They sang karaoke together. So cute. The DJ was a great singer too.

Sunday New Year's Eve Day 
December 31, 2023 

After waffle Sunday breakfast, Jim took a cold, golf cart ride while I stayed home and did a Zoom call from 11:00 to 1:00, with NoBS. While I listened, I put a moose roast in the instant pot.  I took the tree and Christmas decorations down and put them away.
 Lunch was ready right before the call was over. So I texted Jim to come home to eat lunch. 
Just as we were finishing up dessert. Sean and Angela stopped by to visit. We invited them in, we had a couple hour visit. Always nice to get to know people a little bit more. They have two teenage kids. After they left, I got dinner ready had leftovers. Jim stayed home to watch hockey.  
I went up to the New Years Eve party. Jim thought there'd be a lot of kids again, but he wasn't wrong. But they were fun. They take up a lot of room on the dance floor, just standing around. But it didn't bother me that much. 
Empty dance floor but not for long.
When I arrived I showed everyone my cute shoes.I told them I realized that walking in here, they were NOT going to work for line dancing. I came prepared and put on my boots. I just wanted to show them off. LOL
Now full of kids. 
L to R Barb, Betty and Donna
Donna had such cute gold shoes on. Apparently I need to find some new ones, to still dance even when dressed up.
We had to stand our ground to find our dance space.
There's one kid that's really nice Max, this is a picture of him with his mother and a friend. 
I told her what a great job she does, when he talks to me he calls me ma'am.
 He likes to dance with us and he showed us a few of there dances and then we modify them for older generation. LOL.
My table mates brought alot of snacks.My line dancing friends. 
 I stayed till almost the bitter end. My line dance friends I sat with, we're heading over in the golf cart to watch the fireworks at Disney at midnight. So I walked out with them about 11:40 pm.
 I wanted to be home at midnight to give Jim a smooch. Don't think in 45 years I've been somewhere that I couldn't do that. He was just getting ready for bed, so we had our moment.
He reminded me, we were apart a few times. When I had to work super early in the nursing home. He went and stayed with a friend to party in the New Year, and just stayed over.. 
We layed in bed and chatted a while,  as the fireworks were going off, they even started earlier while it was still daylight out and continued till about 1:30 am in the morning. Orlando is a busy place.
 What a great 2023 we've had, it really couldn't have been much better. We are very blessed.
 Hello 2024

No comments:

Post a Comment