Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Weekend It's cornbread and chicken 🎶

Weekend It's Cornbread and Chicken 🎶
Friday January 5, 2024

After breakfast Jim and I walked together. Then he went home to take a shower, and debone smoked grilled chicken, to help me prep for lunch and expedite things.
 I stayed up at the building and did three mile walk fit, sadly Alone Again, and practice some line dances.
 After I arrived home
 I made cornbread and chicken. Inspired by the country song from Alan Jackson, 2000, ( "Where I Come From" It's cornbread and chicken. ) 
Anyone else make it? 
It is chicken gravy with mixed vegetables and chicken on top of the cornbread. Delicious, comfort, country food.
 We we're waiting outside for Neil and Nancy to arrive for a visit. They are close by. In Eustis Florida. 
We got new neighbors behind us and I told them "Welcome to the neighborhood." They said they were from Pennsylvania. They left quickly because of the snow storms coming. They traveled with only one night stop to get here. Crazy. 
Brett and Peggy, from Unityville Pennsylvania, he has a Harley and yellow scooter from 1985, Honda 70CC, he has two, but could only bring one. He knows my brother Drew from upstate. How crazy is that!! 
Neil and Nancy arrived just after we started chatting. I told him Neil is from Benton Pennsylvania. But he left a long time ago. 
We had a nice visit sitting outside. I was able to show Nancy my new curtains. I think we'll be seeing them soon down the road hopefully. 
After they left we went in for the night. We had leftover burgers and hot dogs Jim grilled the other night for dinner.

 Saturday January 6, 2024 

This morning I got up late listen to 
NoBS call at 10:00 a.m. did my nails while I listened. They got pretty good.
We went to Lazydays, but they were closed. Looking for our Tank Tech RX, has a new name now.

Then we stopped at Walmart found my ingredients for mimosas. 
Later after I we returned I went up by myself they were having a trivia snacks and mocktails. 
Jim wasn't into it, but he missed out on a lot of snacks. Neither one of us needed to partake in that. But I enjoyed talking to the other campers, and the mocktails, was a Shirley Temple. They were playing one of her movies. And that's what ALL the trivia was about. That part wasn't so good.

 Soon as it was over, I headed home and Jim grilled veggies for me first on the Ninja, then he grilled a steak for dinner, he ate outside while he watched hockey.  I made a burrito bowl with some of the grilled smoked chicken, yellow rice, cheese, black beans, lettuce and tomato, sour cream, salsa, and half fresh avocado.

 Sunday January 7, 2024

I was up just after Jim this morning. After we shared our waffle Sunday breakfast. 
Jim went for a walk and I listened to no BS from 11:00 to 1:00. At the end while I listened, I made creamy potato corn chowder. Had a pizza crust from Aldi's in the freezer, I made us a little side Pizza too. 
Then we walked up for the birthday month activity and had birthday cake.
Then we walked home and I had another NoBS call from 1:30 to 2:30. When that call was over I went for a walk by myself. Walked around the campground two times.
 Upon my return Jim started a fire and he helps me order more full-time info cards cards from Vistaprint. 
I was hoping to have them for the Tampa RV show, but I won't. I really want to do a new design. Will be third printing, I want to update pictures and add golf cart to it and HOPEFULLY AN
HDT 
I made dinner, was pasta, shrimp and homemade cheese sauce. Grilled veggies on mine.
 Then I worked on the blog while he enjoyed the fire a little longer. It was too cold for me to stay out.

No comments:

Post a Comment