Monday, January 8, 2024

New Dentist Sucks & Sawgrass Grove

New Dentist Sucks & Sawgrass Grove
Wednesday January 3, 2024

Jim and I woke up together this morning,  had coffee and breakfast I listen to Corrine while Jim went for a walk.
 Today was hair washing day and I was talking to Jeanna about using her hair dryer/brush to see if I liked it. It was her idea, yesterday at dinner.
Talked Jim into walking back to her motorhome, all the way back in the park where we were parked last time. He picked it up and brought it back for me to try. My results...
Trying to get rid of Florida frizzy hair.
We had lunch of leftover ribs and my burger from Cody's last night. 
Than we had appointments for a new dentist here, at 2:00 and 3:00 pm in the afternoon, in Clermont. We arrived at 1:40. First thing she told us, was that our insurance was out of network there. OK warning, here is the beginning of my RANT. But when we made the appointment, she had called them,  and they said it was in. Now it's a different story. 
Jim had filled out his paperwork beforehand. I had tried, but I guess I didn't submit it properly. So I had to do it over. So now between those two things I was really annoyed.
 We waited forever to go in. The appointment was at 2:00, we didn't get in there till closer to 3:00. Then she was asking about x-rays. I was afraid we would have a huge bill with adding x-rays to the mix. I said we could call our dentist and have them send over.  That was a whole big thing, she said it was going to cost more if we did that, ??? I don't know what she was saying. 
We have  gone to our dentist in PA for 35 years or more. Actually we got a bill from them saying they weren't in our system either. But before we left Pennsylvania we were under the impression, from our new insurance lady, they were.
 I couldn't have  been more annoyed at this point. And I'm a happy camper, but this just sent me almost over the edge. 
So she said if we just do the minimal 
x-rays, so they can have a baseline to work from. It would be $79. for each of us for a cleaning. Whatever ....
I just wanted the beeep, out of there. I came so close to just leaving at that point. 
We were in two separate rooms across the hall. I even asked if they were consecutive appointment. So I could listen if Jim had any issues, because we know he does, so he wouldn't have to rehash details to me, because he's not very good at details.
 But of course that didn't happen either. So it took her forever to get my x-rays done. Then they take pictures inside your mouth. So the dentist can show you things after the exam and cleaning.
 Whatever. Took forever.
 The cleaning was just such a different procedure than normal, and what I'm used to. You had to wear glasses although Jim said he didn't. Shrapnel and water flying everywhere. 
When it was all said and done we each paid $79. 
Told Jim NEVER going back there again.
He said I figured that....
 Going to a new dentist sucks.
 So after we left I had a few groceries I wanted to buy. I guess Jim was trying to bring me Down from my aggravation.
 It's usually him that's aggravated he's not used to it being me. So he suggested we drive through the new Square in The Villages called Sawgrass Grove. I said that would be GREAT.
He thought he knew where it was located, we tried to find it. Then he said he almost gave up, we turned and right there it was.
 I said something must be going on, because there was people Gathering, from every direction.
 They had a place called The Market. 
They had a pizza shop a couple restaurants, seafood place a restaurant called The Show Kitchen.
 I looked it up you could spend $60 a person plus, and attend a cooking class. I would love to do that sometime.
The middle picture is fancy pasta.
 They had a cute little sweet shop thatwas called Darlin's. 
The 2 middle are my favorites key lime pie, coconut cream bomb cake.
There was a coffee bar, 
fresh organic produce,  that they grow in The Villages, in greenhouses. They had kombucha on tap. 
By this time it was 6:00 and the band
Blonde Ambition was getting ready to play. 
It was really tempting to stay, and just have dinner there, and listen to the live band.
Then the DJ started playing a song while everyone waited for the band. It was to a line dance I like. I told Jim I can't believe nobody's dancing. Then I said, Jim I wonder if I started, if anybody would join me.
 A lady walking by stopped and said "OH yeah they will."  So I told Jim, let's do it.
 We were all the way in the back, we had to walk all the way to the front.
I know he was willing to do anything to cheer me up, and back to my happy place.
 I started all by myself, Jim took pictures. Before I knew it I had a nice group of ladies that joined me. So much fun.
 Jim and I will have to come back another day. It was a lot of fun and brought me back to my happy place.

 Then we headed to Publix. Jim's phone rang when we got to the parking lot there. It was a campground in South Carolina, that we were making reservations for the next Huddle that we just booked. 
Then we grabbed a few groceries I needed and headed home for dinner. Was way after dark by now. 
Glad I had everything ready. I made cornbread we had strawberry short cake with it. We watched AGT.
WHAT A Day

Thursday January 4, 2024

After my normal morning routine I worked on the blog while Jim went for a walk. Wanted to go up to the building at 10:00, but I didn't make it till after lunch, 2:00 p.m. I went up for an educational talk on body composition Nicole Anderson a lady from The Villages. You stand on a scale that measured your bones, water content BMI etc.
 After everyone left. I did my 3 Mile Walk fit all by myself. Then I practiced a few line dances I wanted to work on. 
I found pictures of us they have hanging up in here. Christmas with Neil and Nancy 2022, and New Year 2023.
By now it was after 4:00 p.m. I'm definitely not as perky then, as I am at 9:00 a.m.. plus I get a lot of energy off of everyone in Orlando that comes.

 Later I made burrito bowls for dinner. Jim had a campfire and watched hockey outside. 
 I again worked on the blog. Stayed up too late just cuz I was trying to remove my gel polish before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment