Saturday, April 16, 2022

On The Road Again, Thanks Morris

On The Road Again, Thanks to Moris

Friday April 15, 2022

This am Jim was up first, I just wasn't ready yet. When I got up, still nervous about our travel day.
Jim took the truck down and said we were leaving and payed for our extra day.
We pulled out just after 9:30. Jim kept looking under truck checking for leaks. All is good.

We only stopped once at a rest area. For a potty break on I 10 in Alabama WELCOME Center. First we went back into Florida then back to Alabama. 
Morris actually called while we were driving to check in to see how we were. Almost made me cry when I hung up. That was so sweet of him.

We had a few long bridges and a tunnel to go under.
We arrived at Camp David Campground, Biloxi Mississippi around 2. Still under Construction here, no one around to check in. We got backed in unhooked and did electric. We have a great view out the back.  Put BR slide out. A couple drove by, I saw there PA plates. They saw ours and they walked over to say hi.
Our view out the back window. 
Then we went to Applebee's for our late lunch or early dinner. I called the next 2 parks we are going to a KOA tomorrow and Lake Conroe,  to push them both back a day.. Food Was so good, so happy to be there. My brother Drew called to check in too.Then we got diesel and filled up gas can to refill the genny. Then went to Wal-Mart trying to find pierogies for Easter dinner, so far can't find them.

The weird thing is I can't get rid of the smell of diesel in my head, since we had to spend the night in that rest area.

We arrived back here, put the kitchen slide out. Then we walked down to sit by the water. There was chairs and a grill there. Then this guy walking down to us introduced himself, he was the owner. Very nice,  he welcomed us, complemented our RV. He was telling us of the big plans he has for the place. I asked about the grill, he said it's ours to use. Great. We got some chicken yesterday I wanted to grill, but alot of work to get it out of rig. So nice doing it down by the water.
This is still under Construction but going to be a bar and restaurant.
Then we walked around to the other side of CG. Took alot of pictures here. We got everything put away went in later after dark and watched a little bit of new. I took a shower before bed. Jim went up first. 
  Total miles today, 246

No comments:

Post a Comment