Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Happy Monday

Happy Monday 

Monday May 13, 2024

Happy Monday, Grandma's feeling better. 
After breakfast I put a lunch together for us to take with us today. We went over to see Grandma, AKA my mother-in-law. She's moving to a rehab center tomorrow. We had a nice visit and she was getting sleepy. So we went out to the car and sat for a good hour. Had our lunch I brought along.
 We had a lovely spot in the Smart car under a shade tree. Watching people come and go.. and Apparently with good internet, so I worked on the blog.

 Then we went back in and visited a bit longer, she had her meal, spaghetti.   Thomas came in right after work to see her.
 We walked out together. Jim and I went home, it was so late till I finally got dinner ready, and I made spaghetti too with turkey burger in the instant pot. 

Tuesday May 14, 2024 

This morning after breakfast, I packed us lunch again of chicken wraps, for another busy day doing errands and visiting Grandma. 
First we left the campground and went next door to RV Value Mart. 
Looking for that thin, washable air filter material they have in the vents. One fell out on travel day and was on top of the slide and got stuck and it ripped. We did find the plastic cover though. 
Then we went to Boscov's. A local department store in the area,  it's been around for a million years.
 First I talked Jim into looking at clothes for him. He found a pair of black cargo pants and shorts he liked enough to purchase.
 I wanted to go to find bras here. On the way to go look, I got sidetracked with shoes. I'm so obsessed with Skechers now. I needed a new pair of black sandals. I scored with a new pair on sale. 
Then we stopped to look at recliners on the way.
Jim in a big man's chair, made him look small.
 We purchased the burgundy ones we're using now, here probably way over 10 years ago. Thought about replacing them. But I like the idea of getting matching theater seating to match our new sofa. Later,... want lithium batteries first.

Then I made it over to the bra area.  Still a nightmare took a long time, but I came out with four. 
After we finished we took a lap around the mall. Really deserted, as they all seem to be. 
There was a brand new store in there that was fascinating. It was called DrumkenSmithy.
They give classes on how to forge, grind and heat treat any one of a variety of Steel projects. You can make a sword, a hammer, or flowers, they do axe throwing. A man store I guess. LOL But women can do it too, I just don't want to.
Then we stopped at Aunt Annie's pretzels, and some pretzel bites. Went out to the car and on the way we each ate two. Had two left for tomorrow. 
We ate our lunch that I prepacked.

 Then we went to Dairy Queen and each got a small cone. 
Next we stopped at the DiNunzio's shoe repair. It's really the black pair that I replaced today. But the guy said they aren't worth fixing, which I thought he would say.   I tried.
 But he did Rave about Skechers and said what good quality they are, we agreed. He thought the pair I just bought, I had them on since I bought them,, was, $150. No $40. Dollar WOW.
Then we left and went to the Rehab facility and saw Bridget. 
She is doing well, and settled in, but wants to go home. But needs rehab to get stronger. Amazing she has no physical signs of ever having a stroke.

After our visit we left and went to the liquor store. Found a few things Jim wanted. 
Then we popped into Target. I've been looking for Magic Eraser sheets forever. From Florida to here, with no luck. They actually had some on sale. I'm afraid they might be discontinuing them, from the way it looks. 
Then we popped into Lowe's, but couldn't find what we were looking for. Then we went home, carried everything in the pouring. 
I put off making Tacos  and Taco salad. 
Just had some Leftover spaghetti.
Stayed up till 11:22 waiting for my yogurt to finish, that I started this morning. It's in the IP for 12 hours.
Talking with Thomas earlier today, he planned a fun day for the 4 of us Thursday. SO exciting.

Wednesday May 15, 2024

This morning after breakfast and lunch. We went to see my MIL.
She's doing well and very feisty.
 After we got home. We had leftover spaghetti for dinner and I got ready and took the Smart car to the Winners Circle in Grantville.  
I went line dancing with our long time friends. Made it a ladies night. 
Betsy, Me, Shirlene and Sally
Was a lot of fun chatting and dancing with everyone.
Betsy thought Jim was coming, he always does. His back was hurting alot, but she had to find a new drinking buddy. Lol
So much fun dancing with friends again.
Didn't get home till  almost 11 pm. Then we watched Survivor together, before bed.

2 comments:

  1. Glad Jim's mom is doing better. She might have to adjust her diet. The doctors will figure that out.
    We both love our Skecher's, especially the slide in.
    You can get the Magic Erasers by going On-Line. We just go to Walmart.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do a lot of instore shopping. I am thinking it's a good thing we don't rv anymore. I have not grocery shopped instore for over 5 years, except twice for a few items. And I hated doing that. New clothes? Amazon. Shoes? Amazon. Home items? Amazon or Wayfair. Gifts? Amazon.

    ReplyDelete