Sunday, May 19, 2024

Mother's Day Weekend

Mother's Day Weekend 
Friday May 10, 2024

This morning after we had breakfast and got ready we went to the hospital to see Jim's mother, Brigitte.
 First he made another pot of coffee before we left to take some to her. I got some of my chocolate chip zucchini cake and cookies out of the freezer to take along too.
 We had to stop and check the air in the Smart tires, the light was on. 
Then we stopped and got her a slice of pizza to take along. 
She still is in the ICU, but they say they're moving her to a room today. Sounds like good news, she's well enough to move out of ICU. 
She was finishing up lunch that they had brought her. But she did have a  taste of the pizza and a cookie too, with half a cup of the coffee Jim made.
After we left, I went to see the goldfish again here. I did some research on my phone to see what's healthy, that I can feed them. They said Cheerios.  
I gave them a nice amount, before we made a stop at Aldi's. Really wanted to get this pan. I  might go back.
Jim waited in the car, AKA Jr. It was great being in Aldi's again, I was out of my Bella via sparkling water. 
We stopped at Infinito's, and had pizza for dinner before we went home.
When we arrived I put all the groceries away. We relax the rest of the night.

 Maybe I mentioned it before, but if not it was super important to me.. Jim was able to sign us back up to YouTube television. So I have my TV back. The only part that got messed up was since he lost his Comcast email, we lost all the shows that were in our library. But we can probably still find everything we would want to see, thanks hun. 

Saturday May 11, 2024 

Today I got breakfast together for Jim and I. After he was ready he went over to the hospital to see his Mom. I stayed home and cleaned the RV, vacuuming, mopping, you know the fun stuff we all love.
 I had lunch and listened to some NoBS and worked on the blog too.

 When Jim arrived home Leroy, a guy Jim used to work with on a job site he was on. Said he saw something leaking under the RV. So he went to investigate, and he said apparently he forgot to open up the gray tanks.
Jim heated up lunch for himself, while I finished my last project I started. Then later we took a walk around the campground. Beautiful Iris in bloom.
First we talked to our neighbor Leroy, and his friends had a great fire. They've been doing it almost every night since we arrived. In Rainy weather and all. After our walk I got dinner together for us.
Thomas and I were texting each other, I asked him if he would take a look at Junior for us. We just want to make sure it's shifting properly, and the AC is working right Etc. 
Later he texted me before bed that we could come out and see Sarah before she has to go to work tomorrow. Then we could come in together to visit Grandma in the hospital. I said I was hoping to see you on Mother's day.

 We enjoyed some Naked and Afraid on my new YouTube TV again. 

Sunday May 12, 2024

 Today was Mary Kay Ash's birthday. I sold Mary Kay cosmetics for 15 years many years ago. Will always remember her birthday. 

We had breakfast and received this am text from Thomas.
Guess he needs his Dad, he found his water heater was leaking.
We had breakfast and we met him at Lowe's to get a new water heater and all the things he needed to replace it. With Jim's help they picked out everything they needed for the job.
 It was great seeing Thomas again. 
I jumped in the car with Thomas and Jim followed,  as we went to Jonestown to their house. 
Jim arrived first we had a nice chat and proceeded to get everything in the house, and  into the basement to start the replacement. 
Kerri showed me some pictures of Sarah at her dance the other night. Beautiful pictures. 
It was nice catching up with them and chatting while they replaced the water heater.
 When they were all finished 
it was after 4:00 in the afternoon and Jim and I were pretty hungry so on the way in to see Grandma we stopped at The Union Beer House, Our flower pots, we used to carry around, Thomas and Kerri now take care of.
and had a quick bite and then went into the hospital for a visit with Brigitte.
Had a great visit, she is doing so well.
We got back to there home. On our way out we showed them Junior.
One of my former supervisors Vonda, Thomas neighbor came home. Was able to say Hi to her. 
We headed home, was dark till we arrived, after 8 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment