Friday, February 4, 2022

Arcadia, K & J Produce & Meat Market

Today Jim was awake at 3 and came downstairs to sleep a while. I got up at 7. We had her coffee, I made breakfast, I worked on the Blog for quite a while this morning. 
Then I went outside to do my walk fit tape with Leslie Sansone. Took a shower we had a quick lunch of leftovers. 
First we went to Walmart we got a trimmer for tall branches touching the camper, tire pressure gauge to reach the back Duallys, bug spray, some plants for my flower pot, Kleenex, toothpaste and a little bit of food.
Then we went to K & J produce and meat market in Arcadia Florida, 20 minutes away. 
This is what I purchased. A pork loin, 2 New York strip steaks, whole chicken, boneless chicken thighs, 6 T bone steaks, Salmon, cooked Shrimp, 3 lbs ground burger, not in picture, forgot it. 
Produce I found was romaine, apples, corn on the cob, celery, spaghetti squash, etc
Jim is husking the corn at the picnic table. 
It's not pretty, but this is our smoker, we love it.
We are still looking for water,  they had a purified water kiosk but not the spring water than I like oh, it will have to do for now.
 When we arrived back at the RV it was after 3. Jim got the smoker going, I prepped everything for the freezer he put the whole chicken and the pork loin in the smoker. It almost immediately starts to smell fabulous.
I was able to talk to Christine and Drew today. 

We took the meat out of the smoker around 6:30. 
We ate a little late tonight, I put corn in the instant pot then roasted it a little made a corn salad with it. Jim made a campfire and was outside for awhile, talked to Larry then came it at 10 pm, wow so late went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment