Friday, February 4, 2022

Strawberry Festival

Today Jim came downstairs at 6 am, I was up at 7:30. We had coffee later made breakfast. 
We took an early golf cart ride.  
We took my flowers out of the hole, ( ie our storage compartment, we call that one the hole ) so the squirrels won't dig them up.  This is what I purchased and my after picture.
We saw Barbara and Tony scooters up where the produce stand is. We saw them chatted a bit. I got more strawberries. We made plans to meet up for the Strawberry shortcake at 2:30 after lunch. We talked again about the food we smoked yesterday, I said I could make her a plate if she wanted to try it, she said she would love to, just a little,  I said I would make her a tasting plate.  I said I would bring it over after lunch. 
We had lunch,  I heated up pork made Jim a sandwich. After we ate I told Jim I was going to take the food over to them. He said just be back by 2:30 for the strawberries.
 I took it over told them what everything was, tasting portions of the roasted corn salad, quinoa and cauliflower rice with veggies, smoked pork, grilled chicken, and smoked chicken. She said they would have it for dinner tonight,   then we sat outside under awning and chatted for a while. Then we realized it was almost 2, I said I better go get Jim. We would drive by when we were ready. I picked him up and they followed us over to the Strawberry Festival.
It was another beautiful day out 87 degrees and I 
Never remembered to get any pictures. 
They give you one ticket each for a strawberry shortcake, strawberry milkshake, and chocolate-covered strawberries. Luckily we got in the shortcake line first we were one of the last four to receive Shortcake,  because they had just ran out, 160 servings gone in a good half hour. They never seem to buy enough here. Then we got the chocolate covered strawberries and milkshake next. So we sat on the swing chatted for a while, then we headed back to our our RV's for dinner.

Travis called on facetime got to see him and Mia. He wanted me to remind him how to make chicken and rice in the instant pot. We had a nice chat, took phone outside to show them how beautiful it is out.

Then later after our chat I made chicken cassadee's with the black beans and corn for dinner.  Then we took a golf cart ride ride before it was getting dark. When we got back, he plugged the cart back in. Put my plant away again for safe keeping.
I took a shower then we watched Ozarks new season 4. Then went to bed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment