Thursday, February 3, 2022

Day trip to Sarasota

This am we both woke up at 6:30 am. Jim had cereal I ate a banana,  and left to walk the park with the ladies here. There was lot today, once we all gathered, one had a cane, they were walking really slow.  I heard someone say I can't walk that fast. They were going to walk in the jungle, which goes around the perimeter of the park. I said hope you don't mind, but I'm going to walk ahead, mentioned we were leaving for Sarasota soon, I felt bad, but I started booking it after we said our goodbyes.
I walked around all the roads, 3 miles or so, got back to RV at 9:45.
Then had my oatmeal took a shower. We left for Sarasota 10:20 took a little over an hour. Was a nice drive, did get a little busy when we started to get close. We arrived at Sarasota Lakes RV Resort, alot of park models here too. 

We visited for a bit. They have jets go over  every 15 minutes, was cool to watch, I always loved to, but probably would get old quickly.
We jumped in there car and headed to Sarasota Bay Front Park, to Marina Jack Restaurant right on the water Front, beautiful place to have lunch.
Our friends Sue and Tony Costanza
I had Lobster and shrimp roll, sweet potato fries
Jim had blackened grouper Ruben with fries.
We walked all around the park area took some pretty pictures. 
Statue of an iconic photo
There was Yachts everywhere, they even had a place for Yacht Sales if you felt like shopping.

We went back to the MH sat outside a bit was beautiful day, 83 degrees. Watched the planes go over. We started thinking about heading out. We said our goodbyes and left just after 4:40. 

Was a nice drive home, arrived at 6:30. SO good to be home,  was a beautiful sunset behind us,, wish I could have gotten a picture of it.. Jim was pooped.
We relaxed and watched TV a bit before bed

No comments:

Post a Comment