Saturday, March 9, 2024

Final Push Day 5

Final Push Day 5

Saturday February 24, 2024

This morning we woke up around 6:00 a.m. in the Walmart parking lot. 
We quickly got ready went over to McDonald's. Where we could use the bathroom and I put a little makeup on for the day, and freshened up. Had coffee and Jim had breakfast there.

 We got back to the truck and headed out in our final push to reach our fifth wheel home, we have a big introduction to make to the HDT. Hope they get along.
Was probably after 9:00 p.m. by now, and I hadn't eaten breakfast yet, so we pulled into a rest area that was way off the highway. I had my oatmeal and yogurt.
 Then we decided to get a little diesel, even though we would make it to the campground without it. 
Hard to reach windshield 
Didn't want to push it. There was a 76 diesel fuel station.  There was a guy next to us trying to fill up.  Jim started on the other side. 
He prepaid $250, they put it on our pump. We had to wait for him. 
Long story, but it wasn't working, once he left, we had to drive around and fill up where he was. It took forever, all the time we saved not stopping earlier was all out the window and wasted here. What a rinky dink fuel station this was.
All is well but...geez 
 Anyway we only put in 72 gallons it kept stopping Jim at $150. He only did it twice. 
Then we finally headed out. Stopped at a rest area, ate the last of the leftovers for lunch and he finished the shrimp. Then back on the road again.
 Our final push, less than 20 miles to go, I guess there was Construction on the turnpike. It took an hour to go less than 20 miles. So close now.. 
While we were in slow traffic I was laying on Jim's bunk taking pictures.
 I got a Facebook message from a guy interested in the F-450. He was asking all the right questions. Jim told me what to type back to respond to him. He wants to come look at it next week in Orlando. Perfect use of our time to be in the traffic jam. Cause traffic makes Jim cranky.

 We arrived in Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort, pulled in our neighbor Frank came out. Lot of people looking. 
I packed up the essentials in the truck and Jim carried it in as I handed stuff to him. I threw some things up the steps at him. Lol 
Then he jumped in the shower. Eventually,  Scott and Pam came over along with Dina and Robert. All six of us were in the truck, had a nice visit. Robert and Dina leave tomorrow, our last chance to see them before the Huddle, so they headed out, to finish there laundry. 
We visited a little bit longer, was way after dark with Scott and Pam. He said he would come back tomorrow and help Jim with some things on the truck. 
Jim and I went in started to fall asleep in our chairs, I took a shower and went to bed.
It is great to be home in our own bed.

Sunday February 25, 2024

What a great nights sleep in our own beds. We got up and had Jim's Wonderful Coffee. I made us breakfast. Definitely need to get groceries soon and Shop our freezer. 

Once we had breakfast. Jim went out to move a few things into the truck.
 and then we took the truck over to offload the Smart. First time doing it, everything went well. Definitely have to do things in the right order. We saw a rig that was so familiar, a big DRV. Then we realized it was Val and Kev. They were trying to find them a spot.
Our neighbor Frank and his wife came out we chatted with them, his brother-in-law was there too. He helped Jim, between the three of them, lift the generator out of the bed of the F-450. Hopefully we can figure out where we can put that today.
 By now it was lunch time and we were starving. Not much in the fridge, but I made us each a sandwich. For some reason we have a huge variety of open chips. After a quick lunch we both went outside.
 I was putting stuff from the F-450 into the truck. Was going to listen to Corinne out there. 
But then Scott showed up and I wanted to see, hear and watch everything going on. Turned her off for another day. I can always watch the replay, but I'm pretty far behind on those from the last week. 

Jim and Scott got to work. He had so much to show Jim. I think Scott likes to talk HDT, like Jim likes to talk HVAC. Each have their own wheelhouse of expertise.
Scott fixed a bad fitting, where we knew we had an air leak.  Checked two filters, one was dated 2017. He said they could replace them tomorrow, one was huge.. Jim aired up the tires on the truck and the Smart.
I said to Jim, doesn't he have a bad back?? He was all over that truck.

 We can officially can get rid of our pancake air compressor. As the truck will do it.

Pam arrived on her bicycle and sat in the sun with me and chatted, while I continued to work. It was nice to have the company. 
Once he sent her back to their rig for something that he needed.
They continued to work. Eventually Pam left to go call one of their children.  Scott took his bike and went to get more tools, and came back and adjusted the brakes.
 I started cleaning the Smart, Jim calls the car Jr. 
I used my holy moly cleaning cloth and did all the windows inside and out. Then I wiped it all down. I guess I have a new job since I can reach the whole thing even the roof, lol.
 I tried to find a new home for everything from the F450.
So the generator was sitting there and Scott said, why don't we put the generator on the bed and see if it'll fit where you wanted to put it. OK, 
Jim was pooping out, but he decided to since he had help. 
They came up with a great plan to use the ramps for the golf cart to set it on. What a great idea Scott had, Jim loved it. The gas can also fit.
 We worked and worked until way past dinner time. 
After Scott left. We were both really hungry. I drove the Smart over to get another car pass, I asked her what restaurants deliver food, and where the dumpsters are located now, as they are moved away from the entrance, because people didn't like the way they looked.
 I had a pile of garbage from the day, put it into the car so I dropped that off. Came back to Jim, couldn't decide on a food delivery. 
So I searched the freezer and made us a turkey burger, potato casserole quick. Then we watched a little Naked and Afraid before bed. 
WOW, we really accomplished a lot today, we can never thank Scott and Pam enough, and Kathy and Timmy for introducing us to them in Southern Palms this season.

1 comment:

  1. Here's hoping the deal for the 450 goes through fast. Someone will be getting a great truck. You might have to teach them how the GPS works though.

    ReplyDelete