Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Affinity RV saga continues...

Affinity RV saga continues...

Thursday September 28, 2023
This morning we're awoken by  conversations outside as the employees start hustling and bustling at 6:00 a.m. here at Affinity RV group, Goshen indiana.
 We did our normal routine as we watched the activity. Around 10:00 a.m. Jim hurried me along, ( I love that) to get everything put away to be ready when they are.
Just after 10:00 we were ready, put the slides in and went outside. 
First we went and stopped at a store I wanted to go into, while Jim waited in the truck. Then we went next door there was a liquor store, we got Triple Sec so I can make my Cosmos. I even texted Dennis Price to get the right one.
Jim had to go back and forth with the guy cuz, he said the card didn't go through. Jim had to go out to the truck and check on our internet to see if it did. And then go back in and straighten it out with a guy. He was hard to understand, and loaded with cologne. I let Jim take care of that. 

Then we went to Culver's for lunch. We headed back to the RV, was after 2 pm by now.
 They did move us over a little.
We come to find out the part did not come in today even though they overnighted it for this morning. So we will wait another day.

 A  motorhome backed in next to us so he could dump his tanks. They've been staying in back of the facility, when they finished he moved back. As they dumped, I was trying to get the sap off the door side of the Rig that we picked up in Maine.
Before Bob left, I asked him what would take it off. He suggested Simple Green. But he kept calling it, something else green. He said they had it  at the dollar store up the road. 
So after everybody left for the day I decided to walk up. It was .6 miles away. They didn't have it so they told me to go to the Tractor Supply next door. They had it but only in lemon. I also bought hydraulic oil for the landing legs. As I walked home it started to Spritz rain a little.
As I was trying to clean the sap off, I chatted with our neighbors here at Affinity. We were sandwiched between two Montana's. The Simple Green didn't work by the way.
Jose has been working like crazy with his rig. Very interesting military guy to listen to, he used to be an air marshal. He was explaining how they were getting a new fridge, his wife didn't like theirs. And it was exactly like the one I have, that I love. The new side by side fridge is what they are replacing it with. Funny, I hate them, lol.
  He also had a Pantry in his slide, like we do.  Below IS OURS 
He was talking about how he couldn't believe how much stuff was in it when they had to remove everything. Also how heavy it must be. Just like ours. "He said come here I'll show you. " He had everything all laid out. They also had removed his slide.
We also talked with Ed, friends of Jose, they are in the other Montana, we are the meat of a Montana sandwich. 

 Ed is another military guy, wife Susan,  really nice and friendly and fun to talk with. Their wives mainly stay inside the rig. Jose's wife, Liza doesn't speak much English we come to find out.
Later Jim and I had dinner together, and see what tomorrow brings. 

Friday September 29, 2023

This morning was pretty much a repeat of yesterday got everything buttoned up because the parts coming in today. 
I packed a lunch for travel day as we should be leaving soon.
This am before we left 2 beautiful Landmarks pulled in. They started to work on.
We were out of the rig around 10:00 a.m. we left to go take a walk around the lake,
 that's a mile and a half long. It was a little chilly but we warmed up by the end.
Then we stopped for diesel fuel came back to Affinity RV. We just backed in next to Ed. He was also sitting in his truck. We had put the window down and chatted with him. We figured we'd sit here and wait until we found out something. 
I explained to Jim that at some point it's going to get too late in the day for us to be able to do our 4 hours of travel to our next spot. That we just won't make it before dark. I said there has to be a cut-off time where we stay. He sort of agreed, and we just waited to see what happens.

Well at this point we were hungry, we ate lunch in the truck I packed.
We continue to chat with Ed in the truck next to us. He mentioned how they get together with Jose once a year when they're here for service. And they spend the weekend and do potlucks and hang out. So I got fomo. And said if we're meant to leave then that's what will happen or not.

They were finishing up with the Landmarks, it's the FW I originally wanted. I chatted with them for a few minutes.
 Then Rod motion for us to come over. He said they were finishing everything up and would be done shortly. Short time later Bob motioned to us again,  we walked over. They did the wiring and replaced the new switches and Rod was showing us how it goes in and out now. OUT was never a problem. He repeated the process with the slide in and out a few times. The last time Rod put it out, the switch broke and the wood frame around the slide cracked even worse.

Back to the drawing board. They did some assessing. And realized they needed to order another switch for arrival on Monday. I guess we're staying the weekend.
Then they put everything back together, pulled us back to our spot we hooked back up to electric and water. And prepare to stay the weekend. 
Let the pot look planning begin. We chatted a bit about it. Jim and I had dinner together, and relax for the rest of the night.

Saturday September 30, 202

This morning we did our normal routine. Very quiet am with no one here. 
Then later in the day we planned our potluck for the weekend. We were going to go do some errands decided to procrastinate until tomorrow. Jim got this smoker out and did a pork shoulder. Ed went and got hamburger buns and coleslaw. Jose and Liza made rice. And I had made a apple/ cherry dump cake for dessert. 
We had a nice time the six of us together.

Sunday October 1, 2023

This morning was the same as yesterday, nice relaxing morning. Later after I did some no BS Zoom calls. Jim and I took off and went to Walmart I wanted to get oatmeal, strawberries, milk, and greens. Then we stopped and got gas for the generator. As we're hoping to leave tomorrow and will be boondocking for five consecutive days, I think, Jim says for the last will be for 2 days. The first place and the last for 2 night, we should have electric.

Then we came back to the RV I wanted to do some food prep, and cook for our potluck tonight. 
First I had Jim make the banana, oatmeal, peanut butter cookies in the Ninja. Then he made the cornbread, for tonight's white chicken chili. So far the corn bread is the only thing I don't like the way it turns out in the Ninja. 
Then Jim grilled chicken. Then we set everything up on the picnic table here. I fried 2 lb of catfish. That will be our appetizer for tonight, with garlic Dill aioli sauce, and we'll have the rest it for travel.
 It was getting late so I jumped ahead and made the white chicken chili out in the instant pot once. After we finished with the catfish. Then after we started eating I put on the last of the yellow rice I had. I will use that for burrito bowls in our travels later.
 Jose and his wife made her Puerto Rican beef stew, and she had rice with it. Jim loved it.  Ed brought brownies for dessert and ice cream, and croissants. They both made wonderful salads.
We had another wonderful meal together. Great company they are.
The six of us sat together chatting till almost dark. Do all had stuff to do, Jim wanted to dump all the tanks put the hose away. I tried to put it away as much as possible inside. Then we relax the rest of the night enjoy the great internet and watch TV. Tomorrow's wake up call will be just after 6:00 a.m. I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment