Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Last Rally breakfast

Last Rally Breakfast 

Saturday October 14, 2023

This morning we got up to the building and Jim had his last Rally breakfast.
I was anxious to see the aftermath from the wedding this morning, curious to see how they left the room. It was way better than I anticipated it would be. People in the kitchen said they threw a lot of food away last night.
Alot of cupcakes left.     Our donuts.
 As the breakfast was underway Steve told everyone that is staying tonight, they were going to have leftovers with all the food from the week. They had a lot of macaroni and cheese, pulled pork, chicken and pizza, baked beans and green beans, cookies chips, sodas etc. Decided to do it at 6:00 p.m. again tonight. 
Jim had his last breakfast and David and Sondra came in. They had their breakfast, and we got the chat with them for probably close to 2 hours I'm guessing. It was so enjoyable they are the nicest people. After we left we went home and relaxed finally after a long week.
 Then I decided to make something for the leftover potluck, as I was calling it. You didn't really have to make anything but, to entertain myself I decided to make triple chocolate cupcakes, I had all the ingredients for them. Felt like being creative.
Right as I pulled the last one out of the oven, Karen knocked on the door and asked if we wanted to drive her smart car and HGT. She basically threw the car keys to us.
Perfect timing, and we went over with her as it was still so windy and cold, but Jim and I each took turns driving the Smart car around the campground. Hers was an 09 and we were recommended by David, this morning that we should buy one 2016 or 17. Anybody have one for sale??
And the three of us got in her truck and Jim got to drive it around here. Everyone says how great the turning radius is. Jim didn't believe it, because the 450 does so well. But he was amazed, he said it was even better. It was just so cool, sitting up so high having all that room in the truck. To have a fridge and a porta potty and a microwave. To be able to have a little car, the safety and stopping power, hauling capacity. Would be an incredible change for us. I guess the search begins for the perfect truck. Everyone keeps telling us we already have half the battle,  because we have our RV. We don't have a time frame. They said that's the best scenario.

At 6:00 we went up for the leftover potluck. We got there early so I did some line dance practice while we waited for everything to start. Jim was looking for trucks, on his phone. He said look at this one, and there was some terminology in there I didn't know what it meant. Neither did he, I wanted to ask Jack, but he wouldn't let me. Some guy came in named David and I said do you have an HDT, and he said he did. I asked him if I could ask him a question, he said sure. So I asked him what it meant about the truck. We chatted about it for a while and then he was talking with us and I said I feel like I knew what my mission profile was. I proceeded to tell him what it was we were looking for in a truck, and I ask him if I missed anything that I should include. He said he didn't think so.
 So later after the meal he went to get something and come back. Jim went to get another Margarita and came back. When David came back, he said I think I found you a truck. WHAT... He showed Jim pictures pretty much everything I said I was looking for. Except maybe the color of it and it's in Canada.
The great team and our Rally hosts.
I cut Steve in half, wife Lisa, Jack, wife
Heidi and her hubby and the solar guy
Some older guy was so funny he started passing out my cupcakes, above, I said thanks for promoting them. I never did eat one.
We had another wonderful meal and everything leftover,  they started giving it away we got extra soda, baked beans, green beans, chips, etc.

Sunday October 15, 2023

This morning it was nice to sleep in and not rush out to go anywhere. 
Jim did alot of trip planning on the Garmin RV. This is our route to the Keys, so far.
Later in the afternoon Jim dropped me at Aldi's. First major shopping all this month that I did. Then he went to fill up the propane tank and had lunch at Arby's. He picked me up again we went home and put everything away.

Later our neighbor Bunny called and said Don was going to be putting the smart on the truck. So she invited us to come watch which we did. 
It was very educational to watch his process.
She came over later, she liked our fifth wheel. We chatted for a little bit we should see them in Florida this winter too.
 Later we had dinner together. Still quite a few people here, some packed up and left today. A lot of people get there rig weighted right before they leave. As we will be doing that Wednesday morning. 
 I went for a nice long walk around the campground. Got some laundry done, was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment