Monday, October 16, 2023

Happy Birthday to me

Happy Birthday to me 

Wednesday October 11, 2023

Yesterday before dinner we went out and grabbed a few things,  and I bought myself a birthday cake for today. 
But first we went up for breakfast between 7:00 and 8:30 a.m. they had pancakes, scrambled eggs,  bacon and sausage. Jim enjoyed it with more coffee. 
First thing this am, we got a new neighbor. The site on our living side stayed empty the whole time we were here. But next to it, between us and Karen and Mike...
It was for sale, everyone came by to look at it. Was 55,000 but, without the Smart. Also a Kenworth, and Red.
Then we went back to the RV, as we saw all the activity above.
 I listen to a no BS Zoom call, while Jim took the LGT, as they lovingly call it "little girly truck" over for the big picture taking.
 It takes hours. They have to wait for the sun to be at the right angle. 
He came back and Benny offered to take him for a ride in his Volvo truck.  He told me, I said "wait for me." We went over to him. 
Beautiful truck, with his New Horizon FW, toy hauler, they put a 2 door Jeep in there.. They showed it to us after our ride.
Todd rode by on his one wheel, and saw me in the driver's seat. Bottom left picture,  he is talking with Benny too.
Then after we ate lunch quick, we went and caught the last of tips, tricks, and hacks. Was a big group chat in the Auditorium. I realized I wanted to ask someone if there is a HGT vocabulary  anywhere. Some words need an explanation, has its own lingo. So many words I didn't know what they mean. Jim doesn't know either really.

Then we had a workshop on Pop up Hitchs, which are ET hitches. Henry the presenter was from Poland, really reminded Jim of his grandfather from Finland. 
Then later we had a class on multimeters, everyone who had one, brought it along.
 They had all kinds of stations set up and you could test all different kinds of things to get better familiar with using it. Jim was very used to using it, but not as much for RV use. 
Then it was happy hour 4 to 6 and the
 Rally provided a wonderful barbecue dinner. They had pulled pork, pulled chicken, huge hamburger buns,  macaroni and cheese, baked beans, green beans, and cherry, apple and peach cobbler.
The best part talking with everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment