Monday, October 16, 2023

Manufacturers Day

Manufacturers Day

Thursday October 12, 2023

This morning we did our best to get up to the building as early as possible. They were supposed to have breakfast Donuts again, but I guess they forgot to order them, so they also had pancakes and sausage for breakfast.

 Since we got moving so late, we kind of missed the sports chassis seminar. But it's mainly about medium duty trucks, MDT. Not what we want.

 So then we went to Spacecraft Manufacturing. That is what the Kahanamokus,  Big Truck Big Travels have, David and Sondra. It was very interesting listening to him, as they are a total custom manufacturer. Only  about 10 units made a year.
Sondra and David's SpaceCraft 
 Then after a break we heard Cole again from New Horizon.
 That we just saw at their open house. He took questions at the end and I publicly thanked him and referred to us as ambassadors without the RV. He was very nice and explained how they've gotten so popular by Word of Mouth.
 Then they had a manufacturer showcase and there was SpaceCrafts here to go see. 
It had heated tile floors.
This SC bedroom lifts in the back so you can put a car under it.
They have 2 gas burners, and 2 induction.
This was just stunning.

Cole brought a New Horizon for sale. Although there's many owners here also/ ambassadors for them. There was a few Luxe. Love the blue, orange, white color.
Also the Custom Travel Home was doing showings again too. We had heard Sondra and David would be arriving today. We saw them pull in as we were walking around looking at different units.
 I went up and said hi to her and told her I would love for her to meet Todd and Sheila. As Sheila is a Spreadsheet Queen, such as herself. I said I would love to facilitate that meeting. They parked and got situated and we continued looking around.

Sheila had told me earlier she wanted to chat before they left. Which we got to see her as we were walking around also. 
We will see them at an upcoming camp out very soon again. Later she text me and said she was going over to see Big Truck Big Travels. They said a very brief hello as Todd and Sheila left late this afternoon. 
They waited a while longer because it's been extremely windy and cold the last couple days. When we first arrived we had the AC on day and night. Now it's heat on day and night. 
Then we went up for the last classes for the day talking about bed building.
All about weight and balance, This picture with bed for a 4 door Jeep, 40 feet long.
 A lot more talk on your mission profile which is basically knowing what you want your bed to have. I want it to be all done and ready to go. 
We also went to see Janie FW. 
They have FlexArmor roof too.
Then we met Kerstin and Ronald.  They like Switch It Up too. Beautiful 12 year old New Horizon. They really hold up especially when you take great care of it. They totally remodeled the inside.
Love the burnt orange truck color. We found out we will see them in Branson soon.
 Last workshop was on modern cooking. It was just mainly the ladies chatting with a handful of men about how we cook and travel. Sharing recipes etc. 
Then again 4:30 to 6:30 was happy hour and we had dinner at home.

You spend a lot of time sitting here. Was cold didn't feel like changing, so I just put my jeans on under my dress. So after dinner, I decided to go out and walk around and listen to a zoom call, well I was going to, but walked up on a gathering of people, we all started chatting. 
Then I was talking to Roger as he wanted to walk around a little longer also, his wife was not very mobile. So I learned a lot from him as we walked. Then he went home, I talked to a few other small groups. Continue to walk as it was getting dark.
 It was cold out but it was very cold to ride around in the golf cart. So I kept making multiple laps. 
Beautiful Sunset 
Cool shot of the sky looks like snow capped mountains.
I totally forgot about an aproximately 3 inch step in the concrete road,  it caught the golf cart every time we went over it, cuz we were looking around and didn't see it. 

 I did the same thing walking, I tripped going up it, hit my knees ripped my new jeans, hit both my hands, my shoulder and my cheekbone and bent my glasses pretty good. I was able to get home eventually, didn't tell Jim till the next morning. But I'm okay.

 I missed a call also that they were line dancing in the building I had my phone down too low to hear it. Maybe I wouldn't have fallen then.
 So many great people we got to meet today.


No comments:

Post a Comment