Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Switch crew campout, Missouri

Switch Crew campout, Missouri 

Friday October 20, 2023

This morning when we woke up we saw deer across the road again, a doe and a fawn.
Soon our Switch crew will arrive.
Our Hosts this weekend Dwight and Kristie.
We left late morning to go do some errands. First we went to Harbor Freight, to get a AGM compatible battery charger. He has not been able to get them charged since we've had inverter issues.
Then we had our first time experience at a Whataburger for lunch.
My salad had way to many Craisins.
Then next door was this cool store.
The only reason Jim went in with me was they had beer. Also amazing meat counter.
 I was able to finally find wild rice. 
 Then we went to Ulta Beauty. I decided I wanted to get a kit to do my own gel nail polish. 
I ran in by myself and found one fairly quickly. 
Then we went to Aldi's. Jim dropped me off and went to get fuel while I was in the store. Then he texted me, and I was thinking, you just left, what could he possibly want. 
He was getting fuel and saw Cindy and Billy at the station. Then we headed  back to the RV. The crew is all here how. Counting us, eight couples here.
We all gathered together for an evening fire together and went home later for dinner. 
Steve, our official crew chef, did make beef and cheese quesadillas for everyone.
Had a great time with everyone hanging out the rest of the evening.

Saturday October 21, 2023

This morning after our coffee we went over and Tom made pancakes and sausage for breakfast for everyone. Kelly made a great breakfast cake. 
We have a potluck plan for tonight. We left about 11:20, we had 6 riders for a bike ride. Jim road Cindy's bike. 
It was a great day for outside activities.
 I did the walk. Was almost 4 miles around the lake.
 So beautiful. 
 I got back Cindy and I ran to Walmart and Aldi's for a few things.
 Then we came back and I started cooking. I made yellow rice and mixed veggies, peanut butter cookies, rice krispie treats, pigs in a blanket.
Then we got ready for this evening's potluck and Fire.
I picked up a piece of fire wood, Ken and Robin brought from the family farm they work. I got stung from a bee in my hand.
We had way to much food, we all took alot of leftover food home for tomorrow's travel day.
 What a great night we had.

1 comment:

  1. Len loves Whataburger. Me? Meh. One opened here last week. On the corner of the back and main roads to Walmart. Every time we go in that direction we have to drive around the traffic waiting in line. What's the deal with that?

    ReplyDelete