Monday, October 9, 2023

Travel Day to HDT Rally

Travel Day to HDT Rally 

Saturday October 7. 2023

This morning when we woke up, I was up before daylight, it was even colder than yesterday morning. Was 66 degrees in here. We had the furnace on last night. We were out of propane, which I told Jim, I bet we'll run out overnight. He said that's never when you run out of propane, LOL. 
When he woke up,  I went out and switched the bottles over. 
We had breakfast, we got things moving, ready to leave our Harvest host boondockings spot with electric. 

Jim did his last minute things and I said I'll check the lights and I walked back, everything was fine. No offense, but he had a lot of stuff in the back, he was a retired electrician.  I totally looked past our short black electric cord, that Jim just reconfigured. With all the black wire he had laying back there. 
We pulled out without unhooking our plug. Never did that before, omg. When he made the turn he realized the cord was swinging. He went back and everything was fine on our end. I went back to check the plug. Luckily everything was fine and we kept going.

First we had to go over very rough railroad tracks. It was only about 2-hour Drive to the fairgrounds in Hutchinson Kansas where the HDT Rally is being held. 
We arrived and immediately had to go into our bathroom. Someone told us you just find a spot and park wherever you want. Which we did, with full hookups. Yeah... This will be our longest stay somewhere for weeks, probably was last time in Hershey. 
Everyone was so welcoming as we drove in. With trucks everywhere it's blatantly obvious we're the newbies. Although there's a lot of us. 
This truck had a truck camper on the back.
We got set up, Jim even got the golf cart out, we had lunch as we were starving.
While Jim was doing his thing outside I started cleaning, really needed to vacuum and mop the floor. I'm using my new hardwood floor cleaner,  worked great. I knew I wouldn't get much done this week. Nice to start out with a clean house. 
At one point I heard a noise, said "what's that." Then I realized, duh it's HDT coming. They do sound a little bit different.
 Took a little golf cart ride, talked to our neighbors. Yesterday we got to meet Jack Mayer, he is pretty famous in the HDT world. Looking forward to hearing him talk this week. 

We talked to our neighbors behind us they actually purchased the truck from Jonesing to Travel, Aaron.
         They changed to a motorhome and when he saw it went up for sale,  he left California went to Arizona, he said to pick it up. It is such a beautiful truck they invited us to go in. We had a nice chat with them both. 
Then we went to register, they are doing some today, before the official registration tomorrow. 
It was cool watching a few more rigs pull in. 
Every one is configured differently.
They did invite us up when we registered so we had dinner I made pork fried rice. We went up they were showing the movie Ford versus Ferrari, with Matt Damon. Weren't really interested in it so we went home and relaxed for the rest of the night. It's going to be a busy week, and we won't be in here much.

1 comment:

  1. I saw you on the video just published on You Tube by Soaring Together! Enjoy the rally. Only issue with big rigs is finding parking and expense of maintenance!

    ReplyDelete