Sunday, April 16, 2023

Batteries, Brunch, Q&A, Poolside jam session and The Hartfields and McCoy's Dinner Show

Batteries, brunch, Q&A, poolside jam session and the Hatfields and McCoy's Dinner Show 

Saturday April 15, 2023
This morning I was up first just after 7:00, got the coffee going and started on the blog. It's way easier to do it in the morning first thing, or at least some of it. 
I wanted to check the daily schedule. When I finally did I realized I wanted to go see Harrison this morning do a talk on Enduro lithium batteries, and solar. 
Todd was also talking simultaneously on doing a vlog and how he does his videos editing etc. Which started at 9:00.
 I started getting ready about 10 of. I ate and got dressed quick and grab my coffee as Jim was getting up just after 9:00. I told him where I was going, and out the door I went. 

I got to hear some of his talk about the batteries and solar. Also got a picture of Todd talking with his group. 
Then we had brunch and they had eggs and French toast, fresh fruit,  ham, and spinach salad.

After brunch they did a Q&A with Todd and Sheila.

 They had given out pieces of paper yesterday and had people write down their questions and they collected them. So Sheila had them in sort of an order. And people wanted to know how they got together,  how they started rving. Talked about the founders Club. How they make money doing YouTube, it's not as much as you would think. And they get such a small part of it. We laughed 
we cried. They ate so genuine and it is all about the Switch Crew not them, they really want people to know that. 

After Q&A, we went back to the RV and Jim wanted to start setting up for the jam session with Ryan and Jeremy. They were coming up to our FW. But
 Jeremy's wife Ruth thought they needed a bigger spot so they arranged to do it down at the pool that had the lazy river. They had electric down there, and more shade. 
Just a better space, we put the drums on the golf cart went down there, what a fun time we had. Ruth came up to see our camper, then she put it on Tennessee huddle Facebook page. 
Jim on Drums, featuring Ryan Harmon and 
Jeremy 

They played for at least 2 hours,  they had a pretty nice crowd, I wanted to get a picture of the big crowd that gathered, it was probably a first for Jim playing with people like that. I guess I'm biased, but it sounded fantastic.
 After we packed everything up and got back to the RV, we got ready to go to the Hatfield and McCoys Dinner Show tonight. Huddle's are just GO, Go, go 
Wasn't very far away and traffic wasn't too bad Jim took a shortcut there but it was all switch backs in a little bit of a scary Road. Definitely didn't go that way on the way home. This is a picture of our food we had a lovely meal.
 They had fried chicken, and pulled pork, warm dinner rolls, coleslaw, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, banana pudding or chocolate for dessert. 
The show was pretty good. 
We sat with first time Huddle, Robyn and Jeff from Tennessee 
It was amazing how stage floor opened up and had a small pool in there, with boat,  people and dogs diving in it.

It was just hard because Tennessee hates me and the pollen is killing a lot of us actually. No medicine seems to help. I had it under control in Florida, now this is a whole new game. 
After we got home it was just before dark. Jim and I grilled two kinds of chicken for tomorrow's lunch.  Then we took a golf cart ride,, went to a fire.. we got home Jim put the grill away and prepared, For another busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment