Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Private tour of Thunder Canyon with John

Private tour of Thunder Canyon with John 

Tuesday April 11, 2023

This morning we both got up at 7:00. We had our coffee. Jim just had some leftover deviled eggs and English muffin for breakfast. Later he went to fill up the truck with diesel, for tomorrow's travel day. 

While he was gone I started my cleaning project for the day. Got the vacuum,  out started vacuuming dusting, threw the sheets in the washer, did a few more loads throughout the day, want to be all ready for the Huddle. Jim help me with a few things and sat outside while I worked . 

After I finished up a couple hours later we had lunch together. I went outside and Mark was cutting a few low tree branches, I picked them up and put them into the fire ring.. We chatted he thanked me,, I mentioned if John was available for a tour later with us. 

After lunch we put on our hiking shoes and walked up, got rid of the trash. Then I had some cleaning supplies I no longer use, most of the things with bleach especially. Walked them up to the building, thought they could use them here. We ran into Mercedes and Sage collecting eggs. We chatted for a minute, we thanked her for everything, in case I don't see her again. 
Sage was being shy. We were talking about how to clean eggs before using them.
Entrance to the fellowship hall 

Then we hiked starting way at the bottom where the solar powered draw bridge is going to be going in.
What a great long hike, Jim was tired.
The water is so clear
Happy Camper Here

 We walked all the way down past our site came out way up at the pond right before the entrance gate. 
As we popped out of the woods John was there on his side by side. I just had gotten a picture of a big catfish in the water before it was scared away.
Love the white flowers on this tree

John said jump in, he gave us a tour of the property starting with the other side of the creek.
You have to go around the road. He just bought more land on that side. Showed us where the house will be built.

It was a great tour. He took us to a spot took a video of us together. And a picture, hope I can get a copy of it.
Then we kept going was great. Gave us alot of details on the property.
He dropped us off at our site. We thanked him said it would be cool to come work here with them for a few months in the summer. They have no employees here, all volunteers.
We put the sheets on and made bed,  took showers,dumped our tanks, I finished up more laundry and later, had more pork for dinner, along with bacon, onion, spinach and cheese,, mashed potatoes and Jim made another fire, since wood is so plentiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment