Thursday, April 20, 2023

Lexington Virginia to a Thousand Trails, Chesapeake Bay

Lexington Virginia to Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay

Tuesday April 18, 2023

This morning we got up, last night was a great spot I slept a lot better. Helps going to bed so early. We got it together, I made a nice lunch for travel day Jim did all the things outside, and we pulled out about 9:30 ish. He went down to the truck stop and filled our tank with diesel. 
Then we headed out to a Thousand Trails we were never at before, heard good things about it. We made one stop at a rest area. 

Great Views, had Scenic overlooks where you could pull over for a fantastic View. Of course we never do but I got a couple shots. The one with the flags was a memorial for Road workers that were killed.
I had lunch in the truck. Once we arrived at Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay, no one was at the gate, we had to call said she'd be right up, I started eating lunch by then it was way after one p.m.. Jim started and stopped till we finally finished.
 He jumped in the golf cart with her to pick out the spot. When they came back, we headed to site B-58.
 It was great it's a huge site she told me we have from pedestal to pedestal. 
We were barely unhooked and some guy came over in a golf cart started talking to us and invited us to the hot tub, I think he said it was a 20 person one. Okay kind of weird but whatever. And then he said oh do you have a telescoping mirror. Jim said no but he had one with a magnet, he said I might be back, okay thanks and left, later when Jim was outside he knocked on the door and wanted to borrow some oil. So he came in and I gave him half of a solo cup he had, full of oil. 
I was on the phone with Cindy for an hour and she heard the second half of that. Kind of awkward but funny Jim said he was going to keep an eye on that guy. 
Jim had the golf cart together by now, he took a ride first while I was talking to Cindy. He saw a HGT and later we took a ride, stopped at the store and they had Utz potato chips.
 Then as we were driving we had stopped and talked to a guy with the HDT of course. He was quite knowledgeable, and he knew it. He was a retired driver. Was quite the rig, he had it wrapped.
 Right when we were about to leave I saw some people walking by and I looked and I yelled at the Jim is that Joan.
 It was Jim took our picture it was so cool but they're leaving Thursday it was so great to see her, even just for a quick HI. and her friend. And her husband Jim. 

We had a nice ride around this park. Alot of seasonal sites, no one here in most of them. 
Then we got home I made dinner heated up the catfish and we tried to get some TV hasn't been easy. I went to bed early again.

No comments:

Post a Comment