Saturday, April 1, 2023

NEW Battery's

NEW Battery's 

Tuesday March 28, 2023

This morning we got up early Jim had made arrangements yesterday to go to breakfast with Neil this morning at 8:00 a.m.. We sat together for a while he had some coffee but left at 8:00.
 I had an hour to myself before I left to go to walk fit. After Walk Fit we line danced and Jim was already back here by 9:00. He offered me a ride, I was out with the produce guy before I came home, and this couple was buying a watermelon, and this sweet older guy,  was telling me how when he was a kid his Mom bought a watermelon, it was his favorite, his Mom told his Dad put it in the fridge in the basement and after dinner his Mom told his Dad to go get it, and he said " it's not there."  He said " I know I put it in there " and then he got in trouble, he ate the whole thing while they were at work.
 He said he loves watermelon, I told him I'd like buy one, but I had to walk home. He said where are you,  I'll take you home. So I had just enough for a watermelon and a large sweet onion I also wanted,, 6.00, I carried it towards his car,  he said I should have drove over. I said can't believe how heavy this watermelon was. We chatted in the car and they drove me to the camper.
 They were so sweet, also from Pennsylvania. I gave him my card, I really enjoyed our short conversation. I said goodbye and thank them.
 I put the watermelon on the table outside went into Jim and told him of my story. 
Then I got ready and we left and went to the UPS store to pick up our AGM golf cart  batteries, and get Mary Jo and Dan's mail too.  He had a package or two there also. We thank him for letting us use his address. Saved us handling fees here at TTO, then we went to Wendy's for lunch. 
We wanted to drop the old batteries at O'Reilly's Auto, I went next door to the Family Dollar. Jim texted me and said they would take two per day, and I can drop off the other one. They give you a $10 gift card for each one. That was pretty nice I guess they get more than that to recycle them. 
You can see the bubble in the red circle on the one battery. Jim said they were about 8 years old. It was definitely time for new ones.
So I went back in with him to do that. Didn't find anything I wanted at the Family Dollar. I like Dollar General better.
After we got home, I cut up the watermelon outside on the picnic table, and Jim started working on the batteries and I vacuumed finally. Later he grilled a steak for his  dinner, I had a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich on an English muffin. And a ton of watermelon, it was probably the best watermelon we've ever had in a long, long time. 
Jim took the golf cart out for a test drive, and said it went so much faster. He stopped at Doug and Tammy for awhile.
Once it was dark he went for a golf cart ride again. And sent me this picture. 
I couldn't figure out how this camper was behind us on the golf cart path. And I realized it was NOT us. There's actually a Lifestyle in the park exactly like ours, same floor plan, with a different paint job,  with our same Glow steps we installed. When I looked at it again, I realized it wasn't our stuff under the nose of the fifth wheel. We'll have to stalk them I hope we get to see them and talk. 
Then Jim was out running around and stopped with our old neighbor Brad, and Coleen, I think it is, and they chatted for a long time I went to bed after 10:30.
He still wasn't home.
Jim took this picture when he was there of a Great Dane they were babysitting in the camper behind them.


Wednesday March 29, 2023

Wednesday mornings at TTO we only do walk fit. So I was home just after 10:00. Jim and I went for a golf cart ride so he could show me where the Lifestyle was. Nobody was home, but here is a picture in the daylight of it. I put my card there, I wrote on it " Hello fellow  LS owner. " 
We got back about 11:00 I wanted to start cooking lunch because I planned a big meal today, wanted to do it for lunch not dinner, I knew prep will take awhile, we will eat very lite tonight. 
So I started cooking, Jim was out with the grill, we did grilled zucchini,  and green beans, I made a macaroni and cheese, we baked out on the grill. Then he grilled salmon. Inside I made coleslaw, hush puppies, air fried shrimp with a coconut pineapple sauce. We also had watermelon. We took an hour and a half to get everything prepared, we ate lunch about 12:30.
 I wish I had someone to invite over, I thought of a few people but nobody was available. So we actually made it special and sat at the table together, we very rarely do that. Too hot to eat outside. We had just enough shade till we finish cooking out there.

 Then we went for a golf cart ride, as soon as we left I said I forgot my drink. When we got right up the road to Joan and Jim's camper they were visiting at a friend close by. She hollered and we stopped. She had mentioned about my bags. And they wanted to shop. So we asked Jim to go back and get them I said bring my water while you're at it, please.  While he did that we chatted. He got back and she bought $40 worth of my bags. We all sat and talked for a short visit. You can see my bags on the table.
L to R Joan, my walk fit and line dance friend, Jim Tina, and Shirley in the front.
 I had to take a picture of the three guys, let me introduce Jim, Jim, and Jim. Thought that was funny,  when getting ready to leave and we had a lovely visit from this red-headed sandhill cranes. 
The female and two babies walked by. Shirley that I just met got a great picture,  I said please sent that picture to me. And the male flew over and they hollered and he circled back and landed right next to her. 
That was so cool. Nature is amazing. 
We continued our golf cart ride.  Stopped with Tammy and Doug and sat out with them for a little bit.
Got home after dark and had a very lite dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment