Monday, April 10, 2023

Happy Easter

Happy Easter 

Sunday April 9, 2023

This morning Jim had the alarm set for 4:30 a.m.. but he turned it off before it went off, I was thankful for that. I didn't want to hear that sound. Even though we're getting up for a good reason today. He jumped in the shower and when he was downstairs and I knew the coffee was ready, I got up and got dressed.
 Then we got ready for Sunrise church services with Len and Phyllis. I got my three cups of coffee in, and they picked us up at 4:40 am.  It was a short drive in the dark to the cemetery up on a hill. Here's our view as a few people were singing. 
The preacher was talking about the meaning of today. And it was quite chilly out. So we didn't have to stand long and then we got in the truck and went to the church they had a catered breakfast for everyone. It's a very small congregation, we had a lovely meal together. 
There beloved dog Biscuit

And then we got back to the house about 8:30 a.m.  put a few things away in the camper and got situated. I went up to the house and put the icing on the krinkler for today's dessert.
 Then I walked around the pond to collect duck eggs. I found two.
 Phyllis gave them to us I will make a breakfast casserole with them tomorrow. I went up to set the table but Len already did it.
Lenny and Lois, and his family joined us for a wonderful meal.
We hated to eat and run, but we had 100 miles to go to...
We did hugs and it's always sad to say goodbyes...

HERE we come
Our site 9
We got set up, I was so sleepy while we were driving.
Not alot of traffic on Easter luckily, or I never could have.
We went for a beautiful walk around.
Went into the fellowship hall. We very briefly met John.
Then saw great views here.
We had a great hike around the water.
Such a great walk with beautiful water views 
We started the walk here at the Baptismal  Pond
We got home had some pre-made food for dinner watched a little TV before early to bed.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a really large site. I thought we would have a few days with no guests. Got 3 more reservations today. One comes tomorrow. THREE on Wednesday. One doesn't want hookups. Good thing! I hope you enjoyed the eggs. I need to check more often.

    ReplyDelete