Monday, April 3, 2023

Happy Birthday in Heaven Mama

Happy Birthday in Heaven Mama

Saturday April 1, 2023

This morning we had another leisurely weekend did our morning routine. I made Jim a great breakfast with one of his Mom's rolls.  Bacon, egg, and cheese.
Wish I would have put the bacon on top of the egg, would have made a better picture. Lol

 Then Jim took a long golf cart ride alone this morning. While I did some things here in the camper. I wanted to " wash " my hair. Got some things accomplished and when he arrived home. We had lunch together relaxed a while. By now it was pretty hot out but we made a trip out to Dollar General for TP and paper towels, so exciting. 
Took a picture of this might be good to get one, for my water.
Then we went to Aldi's. I still love going in that store, I went in by myself, didn't buy as much as I thought I would, only $83. this trip then we came home and put everything away.
We took golf cart ride. Stopped and talked with Tammy and Doug for a few minutes.
Then we got the new Ninja Woodfire Grill out and made chicken and some  thin pork chops, I put a few small new potatoes in the IP for a few minutes. Then I cut them, put on oil and seasonings,  put them on Grill too,  was fantastic.
When it was almost ready. Bill Dobbs and his wife Marilyn stopped by, they went to look at some Grand Design FWs, she was tired, didn't come it. He came in with us, we showed him around. They talked while I walked over to the truck to talk with her. They didn't stay to long. 
Food was ready and we ate outside on the picnic table after they left.
Then we settled in for the night.



Sunday April 2, 2023

Had a relaxing morning not having to rush anywhere. We enjoyed our coffee and had breakfast together. We got ready for our fun day, we had made plans yesterday to meet with Tammy and Doug and go to the Orange Grove, Showcase Citrus  place next door to TTO. They changed their location wanted to see what was going on back there. That's where they do the huge monster truck rides.
 We said we'll meet there because the back of our truck is full of crap. They just have the three wheel bike and the MDT. Last night I decided that Jim and I should clean the back of the truck out and we should all go together in our truck. It's easier to plan where to go for lunch if we're all together and would be a lot more fun. I texted them at 10:00 in the morning and told them that's what we did,  we would pick them up. Never heard anything back we got ready and headed over to their fifth wheel, and the bike was gone,  we thought they left without us.
 I texted her, we forgot they were going to church first and I texted them they said they'd be back in 10 minutes. 
So we decided to go up to the building, we got to talk to Art for a while, he's been working here for 3 years. He's a lovely older gentleman that's our DJ, we chatted for a little while. I got to say goodbye to Carlos in the kitchen that I helped during Thanksgiving. 
Then I went into the ballroom and practiced my line dance, wine beer and whiskey. Then we left and headed back over to their fifth wheel. Pick them up and headed next door to the Orange Grove, Showcase of Citrus, it is a 2500 acre family farm.
Today's forecast was going to be 95. Beautiful sunny Florida. 
We parked and walked all around, 
Beautiful butterfly bush I think.
They had this cute little Scotty trailer not sure of the year. 
They had a whole bunch of animals they had emu, camel, capybara, kangaroo, turkeys, huge pigs miniature horse, Etc 
They had alot more animals then they did at the other location.
Jim and Doug 

They are famous for there Orange creamsicle drinks. We each got one to share, they were delicious, but got instead of a brain freeze, I quickly got a chest freeze, it was quite painful.
We walked into an open air building they had all kinds of souvenirs on either end of the building.
 Above was crazy soda flavors like dirt, grass, Farrah Fawcett cream soda, if you zoom in you can read a lot of the bottles.
This is how my Orange treee started 44 years ago, with 3 leaves, a friend has it now, it looks alot like this one here.
There was a live Jazz music playing, was really good. The weekend was a good day to come.
All kinds of cool stuff to look at.
 There was a food truck. The rides for the monster trucks were $25 a person. We opted for this cheaper version of the ride.
 Took forever for us to get this shot. The life of a content creators. It worked better on Tammy's phone. I actually taught her how to do the picture on time lapse. I don't often teach anybody how to use anything on a phone, or any other tech device. 
After we enjoyed our drink. We sat and talked and decided where we should go for lunch they talked about this Sr Tequila Mexican Grill, place they went with friends that was really good. We decided to head over there by now it was after 1:00 in the afternoon and we were ready. 
The restaurant was really good picture of our food.

On the way home Jim filled up with diesel first.

Once we got home, we took a golf cart ride and got rid of the trash, then I dropped off the three thank you notes I wrote for Barb , Judy and Suzanne , then when we got back, he went outside and started putting stuff away. I worked on the inside. Decided to take a shower, and Tammy and Doug texted if we were coming over. I said no we're done for the night, they said they would come over quick they wanted to say a proper goodbye. They got here after Jim was in the shower. The only state a few minutes. We will miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment