Saturday, April 8, 2023

Cold Rainy Day, WE are not used to

Cold Rainy Day, WE are not used to.

Friday April 7, 2023

This morning I woke up just before 7:00 a.m., It  rained all night, first day with the heat on  for a long time. I started getting biscuits ready for the sausage egg and cheese sandwiches I was making for them. Once they were ready I texted Phyllis. I gave Jim his and I went  over to the house and dropped off one for Len and Phyllis. I came home, and I had my breakfast got ready, and we had some errands to do. 

Pond for there ducks and you can hear the frogs at night.

We needed diesel, don't think we've ever been this low. We also wanted to go to The Clarkson Covered Bridge and restock the switch it up Adventure stickers, for Todd and Sheila. Also make a trip to Walmart to get food items for what I'm about to cook in the next couple days, and for travel. We were going to go to The Covered Bridge first, but Jim said the fuel gauge was dropping like crazy. I said just make a u-turn, we headed back to the Walmart but we had to find diesel first.
We did see 2 tornado shelter.
 Jim finally found a fuel station that had diesel. He only put $50 in and there was a church there giving away free hot dogs. So Jim got a free lunch. Then we continued on to Walmart, I went in got a head start, he came in a bit later, got our groceries and Jim filled the truck the rest of the way with diesel, before he came in. 
Then we went to the bridge dropped off the stickers and got some more beautiful pictures. Was kind of cold, at least we had no rain while we were there.
 Once we got home, our neighbors, David in the MH were gone till we got home.  I  had lunch here in the camper and I started making what I call Deluxe Rice Krispie treats, a recipe I got from work. Here's a picture and recipe, each tray is a half a sheet pan that makes three dozen. Depending how you cut them.
I might get a little more out of it cuz I cut them smaller. I'm freezing some for us for a little treat on occasion. I will have some for our Easter meal. Also some for the switch it up huddle, also want to give some to Mercedes and John, when we arrive at Thunder Canyon in Ider, Alabama. 
It took a lot longer to do, probably over 3 hours and mixed everything up in the camper and took it up to the house to bake in their oven. All the while running through the raindrops back and forth. After I was finished with that I left them there to cool came back to our RV and made a taco dip for tonight's dance party.  Forgot to take a picture.  I got ready myself they picked us up in the truck, still raining. We made a side trip to a really cool waterfall that one of her Boondockers  welcome guests told them about. She did not know about it before. You could see it without even getting out of the truck. 
Then we headed on to the dance. They had a lovely potluck dinner. We sat with some friends of Len and Phyllis. The meal was great although, it was not a full crowd like they usually get here, we were told. We're guessing because of the upcoming holiday and the weather being so cold and rainy. It was at a senior center place, we think. Was a lot of fun, Jim and I got to dance. Len and Phyllis are great line dancers too.
So much fun line dancing again 

 We left just after 9:00 p.m. once we got back to the house,  I went inside and got the rice krispie treats, brought them back to the RV, I will cut them and distribute them accordingly tomorrow. 
What a fun full busy day. Thank you Len and Phyllis.

No comments:

Post a Comment