Monday, April 24, 2023

Rainy Day, Dinner with Switch Crew, Jack & Mary

Rainy Day, Dinner with Switch Crew, Jack & Mary

Saturday April 22, 2023

This morning after breakfast, Jim went out for a walk again by himself. Neil stopped by looking for his sun glasses, he found them, amazed they didn't get stepped on when Jim put the chairs away last night. He also said he would have walked with Jim. 
I stayed in and enjoyed the quiet listened to Corrine, while I cleaned a little.
 After he returned, we had the last of our Ruby Tuesday salads together, he ate outside. And then shortly after it started to rain for the rest of the day and pretty much poured. I wanted to go out and squeegee the camper but it never stopped long enough to do it. It does make it look alot cleaner.. Then we got ready as Jack and Mary Warren we're going to pick us up and take us to dinner at a place they like in the area. They only live 40 minutes from Thousand Trails Chesapeake Bay, where we are staying now.
 They picked us up in between raindrops, we went to a place called two drummers they had a really cool drum pendant lights above the tables.
 They did have live music outside, but it was full out there, plus it would have been too loud to talk. We really enjoyed their company, and  sharing stories with them on their up coming travels this year and, with their recent upgrade to their Thousand Trails they want to spend the winter in Florida for the whole season this year. We thank them for dinner, it was lovely of them to treat us, we had a great barbecue meal together. We took a drive and went through two different campgrounds, one called Rockahock and Ed Allen's. Famous football coach from the area.
  They both had alot of permanent residence. They had nice park models with extentions build on. No pictures it was raining to much to put windows down. 
They dropped us off was after 9 pm. Thank you both so much. I made a instant pot of rice for tomorrow before bed. 

Sunday April 23, 2023

This morning Jim got up first and got the coffee going I got up right after that. He put the heat pump on as it was pretty cold in here this morning. Although the air was running when we went to bed.

 We had a nice relaxing morning as usual, our favorite time of the day I think, enjoyed our coffee. I made us breakfast Jim washed the dishes I made the bed and he said he wanted to go for a walk again. I reminded him Neil told me yesterday he would go with him. So around 10:00 a.m. they left together to walk and I worked on the blog, and listened to Corrine, And got the lasagna soup preped for our lunch together when they return. What a beautiful day today is after all that rain yesterday.

Nancy came over and I showed her how I make Lasagna soup in the Instant pot. They came over later when it was ready. We made the rest of the breadsticks in the Ninja grill. She had went to the store earlier and made Jim his favorite apple dumplings. We had a nice lunch together outside.
We had just gotten new neighbors and an older lady Barbara and her dog said hi to us, I asked if they had lunch yet, she said NO we were to busy just setting up. Her son and DIL help, then she stays here a month. I made them 3 bowls and carried it over for them. She thanked me.
Neil and Nancy  Savage, so nice spending a few days together and sharing meals with you both, thank you for the firewood.

Later Barbara's DIL brought my bowls back. She told me she had an IP and never used it. It was a gift from her work. I told her a few things I make and what to do. She said she is excited to go home and try it.

Later after we had everything cleaned up, we took a golf cart ride saw this cool Smoker trailer, it said 
" My Blackstone is BIGGER than yours" has a water heater too, looks like he might use it for a small business.
Then we checked out the hot tub, and later went back to start pedicures for us. It was foamy didn't like that, so we only put our feet in.
Later made zucchini fries in the Ninja Woodfire Grill,  so good and pork fried rice for dinner for us,  together again. We had another campfire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment