Thursday, February 25, 2021

Brigitte's last full day in Florida

Brigitte's last full day in Florida 

Thursday February 25, 2021

Last night Jim had a fire and watched hockey outside. I was inside and apparently wiped out so I went to bed last night before 9 p.m. I  think the pollen is really getting to me. 
Jim what's up first this morning around 8 and I got up at 9  I had  no idea it was that late. I was slow to get moving, we left to go to the cabin at about 10:30. We chatted for a while, then took her out for lunch and went back to the Golden Corral. When we picked her up she was like a little kid and said " I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave. "  She was telling us about the house she lives in, that the water heater made the floor all wet still isn't  dried out, and she said her room I not be ready when she arrives. We had  the 83 year-old waitress again Ruth, she doesn't have a lot of time for pleasantries, just go go go. After lunch we came back to our camper at Clerbrook sat under awning for a while Brigitte had a drink then we took a golf cart ride to go see Mrs. Price. We had met her here last year they were so nice, and so lovely I ended up giving her one of our cards. And when they went to get there mail here she got some of ours, and she called me and told me about it, even offered to pick it up for us. If I would have gave her our number last year she would have not been able to do that. We saw her briefly when we arrived yesterday and she invited us to come back if we brought my mother-in-law here. We ended up sitting with them having a wonderful visit for way longer than we had anticipated we would. 
              The 3 Mrs. Price's together 
Mary and Dale Price
Then we drove over to the bathhouse here then got back in the car and took her back to the the cabin. She wanted to stop at a drugstore for socks.
 She mentioned again she didn't want to leave. So I talked to Jim, so we would have to make a lot of reservation changes. But I said if she couldn't stay in Orlando there would be no point. But we would rather move to to Clerbrook, but probably full here. So I went out to the car and called Orlando and see if she could stay in her cabin longer. They said there was no one coming in until April. We thought it was a sign, she should stay. I told him you have to talk to her. She said  REALLY. When he told her,  But  she said no, she needed to get back, didn't want to spend more money which is what it comes down to.
OK so on with the original plan. 
When we got her back to the cabin it was food truck Thursday, there was four different food trucks there. So I got out and ordered her a cheese steak and french fries for her to take back to the cabin. Jim took her back to the cabin while I waited for her food.  It was a real short walk to the cabin. And he texted me when he changed his clothes in our RV,  he left the cabin  key in his shorts . He was able to get in though . I won't say he picked the lock,  but he did don't tell anyone, LOL . Jim end up sharing her food. 

We said our goodbyes she made a sad face.  I told her the last I would see her. Then we drove back 2 Clerbrook, wanted to vacuum the car but didn't have enough quarters. So we ended up getting back just after Dark, vacuumed the car,  wiped it down inside.  took everything out. Jim packed up for tomorrow Made coffee set the alarm we watched a little TV.  I had a snack and we went to bed not too late.

2 comments:

  1. I guess Jim is flying back with her?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not hard to understand why someone would like to stay in those warm temperatures.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete