Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Surprise, New Smyrna Beach

Suprise, New Smyrna Beach

Monday February 22, 2021

Jim was up first and made the coffee. We wanted to get an early start packed up and headed out the door as close to 9 as possible. We packed our lunch I thought she might like coffee with her lunch so I brought are left over in a thermos for her later. We went to the cabin to pick her up, we packed a sandwich made with brotchen that we picked up the other day at Yahalla Bakery. The neighbor said hi to us in the morning, I said it looks like you're off for a day of fun also. He asked us where we were going I said I couldn't say because it was a surprise. He laughed and we pulled out just after 9:30. 

As we were driving along Jim said " look up, look up" I looked around to see what was going on, as he slowly creeped forward, and the lady behind us bumped the car. She would have hit us alot harder if Jim didn't keep creeping forward, trying to get out of her way. Jim had a few Choice words to say, that his mother should never hear, but she did today. We pulled over amazingly enough no damage to our rental or her car. I had to lean forward to unlock the door so I could get out, he said he told her he saw her looking down, she said no damage and we agreed, she told us to have a blessed day, and I said " keep looking up " she said oh, yes yes.
Crazy driver's out there.

So we arrived to the beach that you can drive on. New Smynra Beach.  It was $20 to park but was free for us because we had the handicapped placard. We drove on the beach, pulled into a spot. Put out our lawn chairs. It was around noon by then. He weren't there very long before she had to go to the bathroom. We did not get to ask where the closest one was. So I told Jim to drive her to one, and I would just stay with the chairs.
That worked out great. It took them about 22 minutes, while  they were gone I wanted to eat lunch that I packed. When they came back they backed in so they could stay sitting in the car. It was a little windy and cool on the water for her. So then I played waitress and served them lunch in the car, drive in window Style. She was thrilled that I brought the coffee, she always has it during lunch when we go out. I sat in the chair while they ate inside, I kept checking on them, like a good waitress should.  We ended up spending about 3 hours there. She actually got to get her feet wet which was something she really wanted to do in the ocean. We headed back a little after 2, as he wanted to beat the traffic as always. We stopped at a Publix to go to the bathroom on the way. But their handicap was out of order, not Cool Publix. We got back to TTO just after 4.

We dropped her off had a lot of stuff to put away. I made spaghetti in the IP and spaghetti squash in the microwave for dinner tonight, and leftovers for later. We chilled for a while I went up to go line dancing, we had a couple minutes of rain around 5, so they prematurely canceled it too early. They could have done it. But we ended the day with this beautiful sunset as I drove around.

No comments:

Post a Comment